teaquestions by "auhckw"

For general/other topics related to tea.

Oct 6th, '10, 04:18

teaquestions by "auhckw"

by Krabbenhueter » Oct 6th, '10, 04:18

Re: New to the proper way of tea
by auhckw » Oct 4th, '10, 20:59

mantal wrote:
hi im new to the right way of making tea and after an hour or so of looking around on google about how to properly prepare a pot of tea. i was looking for advice from those who are experienced in the task. any pointers or suggestions are welcomed. im completely new to this, have nothing no teapot, tea leaves, and have never even had a correct cup of tea.
please help.

Try google/seach this forum/research and find some answers to these questions...

What is difference between Teapot Vs Gaiwan?

What kind of material for your pots? Glass, Porcelain, Yixing, Celadon, Clay? What is glazed and non glazed? What is porous?

How do you open/season a Yixing teapot?

What is the reason for having 1 'clay' pot for 1 kind of tea? Why should you not mix tea in the same 'clay' pot?

Sizes of cups makes a different in the feeling of taste, which cup size / material do you like?

Is your water source right for tea? You may sometime experience, drinking the same tea at X location may be better than Y location.

There are many kinds of tea categories and it has sub categories. You need to explore and sample them to find out which kind of tea you prefer and this differs from 1 person to another. You can start with Oolong, Jap green tea, Chinese green tea, Ripe Puerh, Raw Puerh, etc etc

Diff tea has diff brewing method/parameters. What Tea to Water ratio? What water temperature? How long to soak?

Good luck hunting for answer
auhckw

Oct 6th, '10, 04:41

Re: teaquestions by "auhckw"

by Krabbenhueter » Oct 6th, '10, 04:41

Hello,

o.K. let me try my own answers: :D

What is difference between Teapot Vs Gaiwan?

teapot I take for rolling tea (Oolong)
gaiwan I take for open teas like Lung Ching

What kind of material for your pots? Glass, Porcelain, Yixing, Celadon, Clay? What is glazed and non glazed? What is porous?

glass I take for “cold” teas like Sencha,
Yixing for dark Oolongs like Da Hong Pao, Ti Kuan Yin roasted,
Porcelain for all others green tea light Oolong …

How do you open/season a Yixing teapot?

I wash it, I cook it with water 30 min., then I brew tea and let it stand over night and then I take it for the right tea

What is the reason for having 1 'clay' pot for 1 kind of tea? Why should you not mix tea in the same 'clay' pot?

the teas a different, the flavoura are different, when I mixed the teas, I mixed the flavours too, it is not good for enjyo

Sizes of cups makes a different in the feeling of taste, which cup size / material do you like?

big cup for light green teas,
smal cups for dark teas

Is your water source right for tea? You may sometime experience, drinking the same tea at X location may be better than Y location.

my water is hard( 17 grad dH), I use a waterfilter,
in the mountains (dam and waterreservoir)the water is soft, good for tea

There are many kinds of tea categories and it has sub categories. You need to explore and sample them to find out which kind of tea you prefer and this differs from 1 person to another. You can start with Oolong, Jap green tea, Chinese green tea, Ripe Puerh, Raw Puerh, etc etc

I started with green tea like Dong Ding, Alishan, Everspring Oolong (40 % fermentation)
and then I take darker teas like Ti Kuan Yin roasted and Da Hong Pao
and in spring I like green teas like Lung Ching, Sencha and Gyokuro

Diff tea has diff brewing method/parameters. What Tea to Water ratio? What water temperature? How long to soak?

it is too different, i can not quick answers

Good luck hunting for answer

Thank you for reading

Krabbenhueter

+ Post Reply