Oct 8th, '10, 07:36
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Want theteagallery.com to offer international shipping?

by Herb_Master » Oct 8th, '10, 07:36

There are lots of Tea Drinkers in Europe who source their teas in the main from the internet, it would be nice if Tea Gallery made their teas and wares available to Europe at least!

Oct 8th, '10, 08:39

by bagua7 » Oct 8th, '10, 08:39

Same with users living in the far south, i.e. Australia (like myself).

So count me in as well, thnx!

Oct 8th, '10, 10:27

by Alex » Oct 8th, '10, 10:27

Your feedback has been invaluable and the TeaChat thread you started is further incentive to start enabling international shipping. Please let your tea brethren know that we have heard them and will seriously consider the possibility.

- teagallery.com
Thanks guys.

Oct 8th, '10, 14:13

by David R. » Oct 8th, '10, 14:13

Great news !

I guess we should thank them, and also you Zensuji ! I'll definitively try their teas as soon as it is possible.

Oct 8th, '10, 14:19

by Alex » Oct 8th, '10, 14:19

I'll certainly be placing a large order with them if they do decide to. Be really good to have another solid vendor and one that's so often recommend.

Oct 14th, '10, 06:26

by merznd » Oct 14th, '10, 06:26

I posted with my other account about trading for a medium or large gaiwan that the tea gallery sells partly because I was unable to purchase it directly from my current location in New Zealand (I am originally from Seattle, but here on an extended visit).

I can't promise purchasing anything directly while I am here since the other reason for my seeking to trade was a lack of a visa enabled debit card, but certainly when I move on from here to Korea for work I would like the option to order teas and teaware from overseas. Seems like the decision could only help the company!

Oct 17th, '10, 10:09

by Alex » Oct 17th, '10, 10:09

Yeah I think they'll do well to offer it. Their gaiwans are certainly recommended enough!

Thanks for the support.

Oct 17th, '10, 11:31

by Victoria » Oct 17th, '10, 11:31

Wow congrats Zensuji, and thanks to The Tea Gallery for listening.
:)

Oct 18th, '10, 07:18

by Alex » Oct 18th, '10, 07:18

Victoria wrote:Wow congrats Zensuji, and thanks to The Tea Gallery for listening.
They've been really polite and nice. I know this thread is only going to show a handful of people interested and wont have a massive bearing on their decision, but its very nice of them to respond to it. I'll shoot them another email in a few weeks and see if its going to go any where, and report back.

Oct 18th, '10, 09:39

by Chip » Oct 18th, '10, 09:39

Zensuji wrote: I know this thread is only going to show a handful of people interested and wont have a massive bearing on their decision, but its very nice of them to respond to it. I'll shoot them another email in a few weeks and see if its going to go any where, and report back.
... just a guess that with the TG "change in landscape," international shipping might be closer than you think. Just a hunch.

Oct 18th, '10, 17:47

by miginaustria » Oct 18th, '10, 17:47

I am in Europe and have ordered from the TG by having it shipped to a faithful friend in the USA who then ships it to me.
Please do move forward with international shipping. You will enable many more tea lovers to try your top notch teas, especially the great yanchas that are not readily available at this level from many other Western sources -- and I have heard of other tea lovers in Europe who have not posted here who would be interested in ordering from the TG if they could.
I am confident the hassle of instituting international shipping would quickly bring in justifiable returns for the TG.

Oct 18th, '10, 18:05

by Victoria » Oct 18th, '10, 18:05

miginaustria - That is a workable solution. Herb Master was kind enough to help me with a pot from the UK, I'd be willing to "pay it forward".

Oct 19th, '10, 06:27

by Herb_Master » Oct 19th, '10, 06:27

Victoria wrote:miginaustria - That is a workable solution. Herb Master was kind enough to help me with a pot from the UK, I'd be willing to "pay it forward".
:D :oops: :D
I immediately thought of that when this thread came out :shock:
Nearly posted, then thought it wiser to PM you,then did not do either.

1. If too many do it by way of a 'friend' then TeaGallery will have no reason to introduce shipping.
2. You may get inundated with requests!

Oct 19th, '10, 07:00

by Alex » Oct 19th, '10, 07:00

Well if they dont offer international shipping then I'd like a single order for all of their gaiwans and a few teas.

I was looking in to one of those ship it companies. you know where they receive it in the US and ship it on for a fee.

Oct 19th, '10, 11:17

by brandon » Oct 19th, '10, 11:17

Zensuji wrote:Well if they dont offer international shipping then I'd like a single order for all of their gaiwans and a few teas.

I was looking in to one of those ship it companies. you know where they receive it in the US and ship it on for a fee.
Patience, Tea Buds.

+ Post Reply