how not to brew tea

For general/other topics related to tea.

Jun 11th, '06, 01:47

by peachaddict » Jun 11th, '06, 01:47

A real man would brew it nicely, pour it in mugs, drink one of the mugs while another person drinks the other, and then they'd play rock on their guitars. Totally awesome! (just kidding, btw, though it might be...)

Or would a real man be brewing tea for himself and his girlfriend or wife (depending on whether he's married)?
"Oh, those are my subconscious thoughts. I shouldn't listen too hard if I were you. I'm not all that proud of some of them." - Doctor Who

Jun 11th, '06, 10:39

by jogrebe » Jun 11th, '06, 10:39

peachaddict wrote:A real man would brew it nicely, pour it in mugs, drink one of the mugs while another person drinks the other, and then they'd play rock on their guitars. Totally awesome! (just kidding, btw, though it might be...)

Or would a real man be brewing tea for himself and his girlfriend or wife (depending on whether he's married)?
Wow finally another poster on this thread who was able to get my original point of the idea being so off-the-wall that it was worth posting here for the humor value! So if you or another happen to be in my area and are thirsty stop buy and I'll serve the tea of your choice out of my stash to you like that, and if I'm experienced enough at the time and the tea is suitable I might even brew it gongfu style. Just no guitar playing afterwords as I don't own on, but to be honest I have been considering buying a celtic harp and learning how to play it for a few years now.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Jun 11th, '06, 10:49

by rabbit » Jun 11th, '06, 10:49

jogrebe wrote:
peachaddict wrote:A real man would brew it nicely, pour it in mugs, drink one of the mugs while another person drinks the other, and then they'd play rock on their guitars. Totally awesome! (just kidding, btw, though it might be...)

Wow finally another poster on this thread who was able to get my original point of the idea being so off-the-wall that it was worth posting here for the humor value! So if you or another happen to be in my area and are thirsty stop buy and I'll serve the tea of your choice out of my stash to you like that, and if I'm experienced enough at the time and the tea is suitable I might even brew it gongfu style. Just no guitar playing afterwords as I don't own on, but to be honest I have been considering buying a celtic harp and learning how to play it for a few years now.
I got you're idea :D but I believe the other guys were joking too :lol:
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Jun 11th, '06, 11:17

by teaspoon » Jun 11th, '06, 11:17

AMEN! Though in my case, it would be him playing bass guitar and me singing. Unless I start learning guitar again... Teahee...

~tsp
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"

I am the size of 1 tsp.

Jun 11th, '06, 14:01

by rabbit » Jun 11th, '06, 14:01

teaspoon wrote:Teahee...
oh that's clever! :wink:
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Jun 11th, '06, 14:16

by jogrebe » Jun 11th, '06, 14:16

rabbit wrote:I got you're idea :D but I believe the other guys were joking too :lol:
Right that was my reaction as well. It was just the first serious pots on this thread so I had to say something about it :lol:

Still I must say I find it cool that Richard takes part in these fun crazy threads as compared to Chris that stayed out of the whole barbarian tee-shirt protest thread which hasn't seemed to make any progress. So it looks like there is a good chance that in the future we have work to do, regardless we won't be dumb enough to chop down a forest in the process to ensure we are not attacked latter on by trees.
John Grebe

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis

Jun 11th, '06, 17:04

by peachaddict » Jun 11th, '06, 17:04

jogrebe wrote:
rabbit wrote:I got you're idea :D but I believe the other guys were joking too :lol:
Right that was my reaction as well. It was just the first serious pots on this thread so I had to say something about it :lol:

Still I must say I find it cool that Richard takes part in these fun crazy threads as compared to Chris that stayed out of the whole barbarian tee-shirt protest thread which hasn't seemed to make any progress. So it looks like there is a good chance that in the future we have work to do, regardless we won't be dumb enough to chop down a forest in the process to ensure we are not attacked latter on by trees.
Totally wicked :wink: 8) :lol: ! Oh, and it is totally cool to have Richard going into the crazy threads, yeah...it's fun to have someone who plays along with the joke. Btw, still have to check out the insane "barbarian tee-shirt protest thread". This should be fun...[edit: reading it and it's hilarious!]

Btw, my entire post and all was an attempt at a joke on my part...guess it got lost in the translation or I'm no good at jokes (though it's happened on IM teachat too). Please understand that I'm rarely ever serious online.

No, a real man would brew tea while juggling eggs.

Jun 12th, '06, 10:24

by Richard » Jun 12th, '06, 10:24

I play guitar too! Though I play mostly accoustic, so it's wimpy.

I'm a little afeared of the t-shirt thread. That's why I stay as far away from it as possible.

Jun 12th, '06, 10:42

by klemptor » Jun 12th, '06, 10:42

Richard wrote:I'm a little afeared of the t-shirt thread. That's why I stay as far away from it as possible.
Moi aussi.
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

+ Post Reply