Jan 17th, '14, 08:58

Which types of tea do you drink after dinner/evening

by Noonie » Jan 17th, '14, 08:58

There was a post further down about tea in the morning, thought I would ask about tea in the evening. Morning vs. evening has different considerations (morning: need to wake up, empty stomach, time available, etc.; evening: what was for dinner, caffeine and sleep, is it summer (hot) /winter (cold), etc.).

For a while now I've been alternating days between Rou Gui in my yixing, TGY, or Da Yu Ling (new for me, still learning). From time to time I may have Long Jing or Bi Loo Chun (want to try Dan Cong too).

Would like to know how one's meal affects one tea choice afterwards (light meals = lighter tea?).

If I had to pick only one tea it would be sencha, though I seem to enjoy it more in the morning than in the evening.

Jan 17th, '14, 10:43

Which types of tea do you drink after dinner/evening

by mcrdotcom » Jan 17th, '14, 10:43

Unfortunately for me I'm not very considerate when it comes to picking my evening tea, often I'm left wide awake at 4am! Haha

But after dinner a nice green tea is soothing and invigorating, but not so much that it would keep me awake later when I go to sleep! A high roast TGY is almost like coffee after a meal, and someone's I would go for that. Later in th evenings I would enjoy a white tea if I had any on hand because it always seems to relax me!

If dinner is strong with bold flavours then a black, pu'er or darker oolong would be a good choice for me. If it's a light meal like a salad, then a green, white or light oolong would go nicely :)

Jan 21st, '14, 19:07

Re: Which types of tea do you drink after dinner/evening

by tecnanaut » Jan 21st, '14, 19:07

If caffeine keeps you tossing, Hojicha is great in the evenings since the roasting lowers it significantly. The caramel-toasty flavor is also a great way to clear your palate after a meal.

Jan 21st, '14, 20:16

by chrl42 » Jan 21st, '14, 20:16

Oolong.

Jan 21st, '14, 21:22

by ClarG » Jan 21st, '14, 21:22

Oolong tea, green tea, and sometimes Darjeeling black tea. If it's very late rooibos, hibiscus, or chamomile as none have caffeine but they're not teas.

Jan 22nd, '14, 13:30

by Peacock » Jan 22nd, '14, 13:30

I like Hojicha in the evening as well. The woodsy aroma, it being colder months now, and the warmth seeping from the cups make for a relaxing evening.

+ Post Reply