Distribution of Ginseng!

For general/other topics related to tea.

Feb 17th 15 9:29 pm

Distribution of Ginseng!

by Badi » Feb 17th 15 9:29 pm

:D
Hi!

I have intention to become distributor of Ginseng in my country Macedonia!
I want to find producer with average price of ginseng!
Can anyone to advice me which ginseng is with average price?!
How I can be sure that ginseng is original?!
Does exist other teas what not expanded in my country, maybe wider in all Europe?!

With Regard
Badi

:?:

Feb 19th 15 3:43 pm

Re: Distribution of Ginseng!

by kyarazen » Feb 19th 15 3:43 pm

what type of ginseng are you interested in distributing?

panax ginseng? panax notoginseng? panax quinquefolius?
prices can vary a lot, since the wild stuff is premium, bulk of the "wild stuff" is not really wild, and there is a lot of plantation material especially for panax ginseng in jilin, china.

whilst physical characterization constitutes about 40-50% of authentication, you can easily rely on thin layer chromatography to assess the material based on the basic ginsenoside profiles to distinguish and qualify the material you have.

you can extract the root material with ethyl acetate and rotovap it to dryness before resuspending it in methanol/ethanol for plate spotting and resolve the plate in chloroform/methanol. no need to visualize under UV, just spray on 10% sulfuric acid and bake the plate, the ginsenoside bands will show up dark purplish. the intensity of the various bands can tell you a lot on quality/season and the specie. beware of gymnostemma doping though.

Feb 19th 15 7:33 pm

by Badi » Feb 19th 15 7:33 pm

Hi M-r Kyarazen!

Thank You for Your efforts to help me with your advice!

I haven’t big knowledge of Ginseng, and suggest me which kind of ginseng
You recommend me to import in my country!
Also advice me in which form need to be ginseng: raw, in small pouch 3 – 5 grams,
clean ginseng or mixed With green tea.
Please recommend me safe company with which I will to be sure in the future!

Please contact me per my e-mail: jblagoj@yahoo.com!

Best Regard
Blagoj From Macedonia

Sep 23rd 15 6:51 pm

by PolyhymnianMuse » Sep 23rd 15 6:51 pm

kyarazen wrote: you can extract the root material with ethyl acetate and rotovap it to dryness before resuspending it in methanol/ethanol for plate spotting and resolve the plate in chloroform/methanol. no need to visualize under UV, just spray on 10% sulfuric acid and bake the plate, the ginsenoside bands will show up dark purplish. the intensity of the various bands can tell you a lot on quality/season and the specie. beware of gymnostemma doping though.
That's some pretty in depth info! +1