Tea Drinkers Survey

For general/other topics related to tea.

Mar 10th, '15, 10:15

Tea Drinkers Survey

by landra » Mar 10th, '15, 10:15

Hello fellow tea drinkers! We are students in a Project Lead the Way class (an engineering course) and we would be very appreciative if you would take this 1 minute survey. Here's the link---->>> [mod edit, link removed due to forum rules violation]
Thank you in advance! :D

Mar 10th, '15, 13:32
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Tea Drinkers Survey

by Chip » Mar 10th, '15, 13:32

... seems the survey requires permission.

Mar 10th, '15, 13:39

by Chip » Mar 10th, '15, 13:39

Now on my Droid smart phone, the link leads me to a Google sign in page which would require signing into Google on a browser versus via app. Sorry, I am not signing into Google on my phone browser.

Solution?

Mar 10th, '15, 17:11

by sherubtse » Mar 10th, '15, 17:11

Someone who has 1 post on TeaChat is asking us to give away our Google username and password (assuming we have one)! :roll:

No thanks!

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Mar 10th, '15, 17:46

by debunix » Mar 10th, '15, 17:46

Agree with above--if you want responses, do not ask for us to give personal information like this.

Mar 10th, '15, 18:47

by Bef » Mar 10th, '15, 18:47

sherubtse wrote:Someone who has 1 post on TeaChat is asking us to give away our Google username and password (assuming we have one)! :roll:

No thanks!

Best wishes,
sherubtse
Actually it's Google that's asking for your credentials, the end user won't see it (I guess it might be able to see your user ID, though).

That being said I also agree that the form should be made public.

Mar 10th, '15, 19:00

by Drax » Mar 10th, '15, 19:00

You guys went one step further than I would have... I don't click on shortened URLs from strangers.

Mar 10th, '15, 22:29

by Chip » Mar 10th, '15, 22:29

All good points. In years gone by, this post would have been history the second I saw it due to rules violations ... which are also in place to protect members from issues mentioned but also to keep the forum free from spam.

Perhaps I have gotten too soft?

Meanwhile I was deleting a new member's posts for repeated infractions earlier today. Go figure.

Still, violations in this Era are surprisingly tame compared to years past.

I have deleted the link ... and locked the original post.

Mar 18th, '15, 10:42

by landra » Mar 18th, '15, 10:42

Chip wrote:... seems the survey requires permission.
I'm super sorry about it asking permission. I was using my google account going through my school, and I didn't know that it required a school login until my friend tried it without logging in. I fixed the problem, but i understand that it violated the rules. Thank you for telling me this.

Mar 18th, '15, 12:08

by Chip » Mar 18th, '15, 12:08

landra wrote:
Chip wrote:... seems the survey requires permission.
I'm super sorry about it asking permission. I was using my google account going through my school, and I didn't know that it required a school login until my friend tried it without logging in. I fixed the problem, but i understand that it violated the rules. Thank you for telling me this.
Apology accepted.

But keep in mind, clicking on a new member's link is potentially unsafe for members, exposing their computers, etc. to viruses, etc. It is quite presumptuous to ask for help and post "suspicious" links without asking permission first nor checking out the forum's rules or guidlines.

As moderator, I tend to be more exposed as I have been checking all newbies's links and have picked up at least one virus this way. Although this was not the case here, I will likely go back to my previous position of zero tolerance and removing all newbie's links immediately.

+ Post Reply