"Bad" Tea You Secretly Love!

For general/other topics related to tea.

Oct 5th, '16, 21:15

"Bad" Tea You Secretly Love!

by Se7en8ight » Oct 5th, '16, 21:15

Hi everyone :D

I just thought I'd post something fun!

As I was brewing some cheap a$$ tea dust this morning... I remembered how intimidated I was when I first started learning about tea. I felt a bit embarrased to admit that there were some "bad" teas that I absolutely loved. Until I came to a realization that our taste buds aren't built the same way so we needn't feel embarrased about our preference. You should always drink what you enjoy! There is no shame in that! You do you! :D

So I'm here to admit that I like the cheap red teas they serve in chinese restaurants. I also love lipton yellow lable tea bags. And, yes, I'm not a fan of Pu-erh (although it's growing on me)

What are the teas you secretly love? LoL...

And yes, you guessed it... I had no one to talk to and nothing better to do this morning :roll: :D

Oct 6th, '16, 00:06
Vendor Member

Re: "Bad" Tea You Secretly Love!

by jayinhk » Oct 6th, '16, 00:06

Se7en8ight wrote:Hi everyone :D

I just thought I'd post something fun!

As I was brewing some cheap a$$ tea dust this morning... I remembered how intimidated I was when I first started learning about tea. I felt a bit embarrased to admit that there were some "bad" teas that I absolutely loved. Until I came to a realization that our taste buds aren't built the same way so we needn't feel embarrased about our preference. You should always drink what you enjoy! There is no shame in that! You do you! :D

So I'm here to admit that I like the cheap red teas they serve in chinese restaurants. I also love lipton yellow lable tea bags. And, yes, I'm not a fan of Pu-erh (although it's growing on me)

What are the teas you secretly love? LoL...

And yes, you guessed it... I had no one to talk to and nothing better to do this morning :roll: :D
I like to drink cheap Thai shuixian blends from Three Horses...lol. $1-2.50 for 80 grams.

Oct 6th, '16, 00:18

by Se7en8ight » Oct 6th, '16, 00:18

Kaibigang Jay! :D

Oct 6th, '16, 00:24

by kyarazen » Oct 6th, '16, 00:24

i drink twining's smoky lapsang for breakfast once in a while

Oct 6th, '16, 05:04

by Se7en8ight » Oct 6th, '16, 05:04

They have this berry tea that's oooh so bad and yet ooohhh so good! Haha

Oct 6th, '16, 05:54

by kuánglóng » Oct 6th, '16, 05:54

My stand-by Keemun. Keemun was one of the first teas I bought many years ago and I prefer this relatively cheap, but pretty decent tea over every other Keemun I've tried.

Oct 6th, '16, 10:55
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 6th, '16, 10:55

Se7en8ight wrote:Kaibigang Jay! :D
8)

I also drink Thai Nguyen green teas. Even the best is not that expensive and is lovely casual drinking. Lovely on ice, too!

Oct 7th, '16, 06:51

by john.b » Oct 7th, '16, 06:51

Inexpensive Vietnamese green tea is nice, and I don't even love green teas.

I like some plain black teas from different places but they might only qualify as ordinary, not bad. One is a Thai black tea version of Jin Xuan, and another from Taiwan. I guess to some they would be considered bad.

I liked an Earl Grey version I bought some of from Cordon Bleu this year; that seems bad enough to me, but it was nice for a change, black tea just blasted with bergamot oil.

Oct 7th, '16, 07:44

by Se7en8ight » Oct 7th, '16, 07:44

john.b wrote: I liked an Earl Grey version I bought some of from Cordon Bleu this year; that seems bad enough to me, but it was nice for a change, black tea just blasted with bergamot oil.
LoL :D

Oct 7th, '16, 18:37
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Oct 7th, '16, 18:37

kuánglóng wrote:My stand-by Keemun. Keemun was one of the first teas I bought many years ago and I prefer this relatively cheap, but pretty decent tea over every other Keemun I've tried.
I've only ever had Fujian lychee tea, but not the Keemun. I think I'll pick some up to try!

Oct 8th, '16, 03:47

by kuánglóng » Oct 8th, '16, 03:47

jayinhk wrote:
kuánglóng wrote:My stand-by Keemun. Keemun was one of the first teas I bought many years ago and I prefer this relatively cheap, but pretty decent tea over every other Keemun I've tried.
I've only ever had Fujian lychee tea, but not the Keemun. I think I'll pick some up to try!
Yeah, check some out, Jay. There are some really excellent Keemuns out there, including hand-made stuff.

Oct 8th, '16, 18:13

by stevorama » Oct 8th, '16, 18:13

A cup of Yorkshire Gold with milk and a touch of sugar. Although it's been a while...life's too short for teabags! :wink:

Oct 13th, '16, 14:26
Adagio
Scrolling: scrolling

by Emily@Adagio » Oct 13th, '16, 14:26

My family drinks Bewley's English Breakfast tea, and it just has such a comforting familiar flavor for me. It comes in boxes of 100 bags for like, maybe $10. So cheap but reminds me of home.

Oct 13th, '16, 21:37

by Bok » Oct 13th, '16, 21:37

I admit I like a good old cup of Builder’s Tea once in a while, can’t stomach it often though… brick red and sweet it has to be. What tea is in there? God knows…

Apr 11th, '17, 08:52

by TeaHeadFamily » Apr 11th, '17, 08:52

Lipton Tea Bag: Matcha with Ginger Tea

+ Post Reply