Jun 15th, '19, 10:32

Do you tea lovers likes Chinese / oriental art / calligraphy along with your tea cultures?

by Tstudio » Jun 15th, '19, 10:32

Hi ,
I have curious about, if someone likes, appreciate about making tea, drink tea , do you likes with some oriental arts as well ? Like brush painting, calligraphy, Japanese sumi-e? Any decorate with your tea rooms?

For my starting point of drinking tea, its about I learn chinese art, calligraphy , at about college period, and the Pu-er tea is the first tea we appreciate and started to know at that moment, I am not making tea, just joined my teacher and some friends at that time, we just enjoy tea and chatting only. There is simply we finished it and buy , not keeping tea at that time, until those Pu-er we likes getting higher prices, so started to buy them more, because we used to drink them. But then after is more and more popular in town until now.

Back to my point... do anybody likes to get a piece of artwork written or drawn in decorate their tea corner ? Some phrase or words , yes in Chinese words, or poems to gives a touch with tea drink??? Because I will gives my tea room with poems, also I write them , wonder if any of u likes some tea poems ?.........

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Jun 20th, '19, 09:39
Mod/Admin

Re: Do you tea lovers likes Chinese / oriental art / calligraphy along with your tea cultures?

by AndrewGC » Jun 20th, '19, 09:39

Hey Tstudio! - What a great topic - do you have some artwork already? If so can you share some photos? Tea poems sound like an intriguing idea - have you written one you'd be willing to share with us?
Tstudio wrote:

Jun 20th, '19, 10:49

Re: Do you tea lovers likes Chinese / oriental art / calligraphy along with your tea cultures?

by Tstudio » Jun 20th, '19, 10:49

Hello Andrew GC, yes, ha ha... I have some writing , ImageImagefor you all not so boring ,maybe ....
My tea corner , I have this~ illustrates about Pu-er tea ,I place it at tea corners, I like natural and wood stuff, so its look like that.
" 夜深普洱浓
山月含窗觑
皓齒挂余香
醒来仍不去"

Since I like tang poems , it has beautifully poetic scenery, so those short terms words impress me well, as I need to write them too... to share with you all friends, May u have any comments or feedback to me , I would love to hear too~Image

I love brush work ,oriental arts,
just simply enjoy with them... when I have some ideas, feel happy , then I write.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jun 21st, '19, 11:02

Re: RE: Re: Do you tea lovers likes Chinese / oriental art / calligraphy along with your tea cultures?

by Tstudio » Jun 21st, '19, 11:02

AndrewGC wrote:Hey Tstudio! - What a great topic - do you have some artwork already? If so can you share some photos? Tea poems sound like an intriguing idea - have you written one you'd be willing to share with us?
Tstudio wrote:
Hello AndrewGC, also for some other friends here, thank you , ya I have few writings about tea , May I share with u here , I am a calligrapher.
I just have simple translate , sorry for my limited english ya.... that is literally words when it is poem...

"夜深普洱濃,山月含窗觑,皓齒挂馀香,醒来仍不去"
About Pu-er , when drink it in the late night, moon up the hill is seen through a window, while teeth remain some good tea drops until wake up the other day

"怡然有馀樂"
Happiness is follow by contentment

"茶道"
Chadao

"喫茶去"
Go for some tea !

"露似珍珠,月如弓"
Droplets /Dew is like pearl , the moon like bow

Hope u have enjoy a good tea as well as good day ahead ! !
ImageImageImageImageImage

Jun 26th, '19, 05:49

by Teasenz » Jun 26th, '19, 05:49

In China, there's a lot of overlap of interest in tea and calligraphy. I think it's harder in the West, because you can fully appreciate calligraphy if you can read Chinese. If you can, then you understand the art of calligraphy better. I think in the West, I can imagine one enjoy tea with other kind of arts, such as paintings and indeed also poems.

Jun 26th, '19, 09:27

by Tstudio » Jun 26th, '19, 09:27

Sorry for repeat the post with pictures... ,since I first post them it didn't appear , so the other day I post the reply as well , it seems pending in first I post them , I don't know why.

Jun 26th, '19, 09:57

by Tstudio » Jun 26th, '19, 09:57

Hello, thanks for feedback , yes in fact it is true about if someone knows their( the chinese words) meanings well, it did help for understanding .
And because of this point , some other forms of calligraphy art was created too, they are out of normal Chinese words, even it only we can see them by line , forms, abstract . It is another category as well. And been the critical topics about chinese calligraphy too. Maybe its quite far with it.. just hope to share some views.
As you see, If Chinese words itself , it couldn't be an art. If we type a word , we cannot see them as art.
That's give questions , what is the arts means.... why we need arts? Did we need arts...

Jun 26th, '19, 10:20

by Tstudio » Jun 26th, '19, 10:20

Teasenz wrote:In China, there's a lot of overlap of interest in tea and calligraphy. I think it's harder in the West, because you can fully appreciate calligraphy if you can read Chinese. If you can, then you understand the art of calligraphy better. I think in the West, I can imagine one enjoy tea with other kind of arts, such as paintings and indeed also poems.
Hello, I would like to thank you for your feedback ya ,
yes in fact it is true about if someone knows their( the chinese words) meanings well, it did help for understanding .
And because of this point , some other forms of calligraphy art was created too, they are out of normal Chinese words, even it only we can see them by line , forms, abstract . It is another category as well. And been the critical topics about chinese calligraphy too. Maybe its quite far with it.. just hope to share some views.
As you see, If Chinese words itself , it couldn't be an art. If we type a word , we cannot see them as art.
That's give questions , what is the arts means.... why we need arts? Did we need arts...
Tea , as a drink , also becomes as an art forms, those rituals , process, is beautiful. But, this is far not the same as ancient 陆羽Luyu those time , I think. We only can enjoy nowadays tea, and welcome the future , or create one....

+ Post Reply