Apr 18th, '17, 07:28

Re: Official what White/Yellow are you drinking right now?

by ethan » Apr 18th, '17, 07:28

teaformeplease wrote: I had some of Adagio's Hunan Gold today and I'm a fan. It's a lot like Teavana's Golden Dragon, which was also a pretty nice yellow tea. Anyone else ever have this one before?
I have had Adagio's Hunan Gold a few times. I like it and consider this black tea. Also, I think the quality of Adagio's Hunan black teas is high. A friend of mine always has at least 2 of Adagio's Hunan teas on hand. I drink with her twice a year and have liked all of them.

Perhaps a chatter who knows about yellow tea will offer a definition. I think golden color is not the determining characteristic.

Apr 18th, '17, 08:39

by kuánglóng » Apr 18th, '17, 08:39

ethan wrote: Perhaps a chatter who knows about yellow tea will offer a definition. I think golden color is not the determining characteristic.
Don't know much about yellow teas but found this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_tea

No idea if that's the whole story, I've never seen them being made and didn't have too many of them so far. The one organic type I have laying around here is pretty decent and sits somewhere between a Dian Hong and some bready oolong taste wise with an intensely golden-yellow soup and strong notes of dark chocolate; nothing I'd drink on a warmer day though - YMMV.

Apr 20th, '17, 12:42

by teaformeplease » Apr 20th, '17, 12:42

ethan wrote:
Perhaps a chatter who knows about yellow tea will offer a definition. I think golden color is not the determining characteristic.
The leaves are treated more like a green tea except they undergo an extra step. Depending on the region the leaves are either piled, wrapped in cloth, or packed into a box. That can be repeated several times before the leaves are dried to remove any excess moisture. This processing causes a small amount of oxidation (which is why the taste is different from white tea) but it isn't fully oxidized by any means.

May 3rd, '17, 06:35

by kuánglóng » May 3rd, '17, 06:35

Qingshan Jasmine Yin Zhen (certfied organic)

Haven't drank a Jasmine tea or Yin Zhen in ages and while I wouldn't like to drink either type of tea every day I don't think there are significantly better Jasmine flavored teas out there. Really enjoyable once in a while, even with some food or chocolate on the side.
Back to some sheng pu :D

May 18th, '17, 22:23

by peony » May 18th, '17, 22:23

Huo Shan Huang Ya yellow tea for this morning, from jk tea shop

+ Post Reply