Help with white peony??

White and yellow teas are among the most subtle.


User avatar
Jan 4th, '11, 21:15
Posts: 38
Joined: Dec 25th, '10
Location: lost in 中国
Contact: garrettmc

Re: Help with white peony??

by garrettmc » Jan 4th, '11, 21:15

did a brew at 180 for 12 minutes. definitely my favorite so far!

Jan 25th, '11, 14:20
Posts: 6
Joined: Dec 4th, '10

Re: Help with white peony??

by l8nytsimmer » Jan 25th, '11, 14:20

Can someone explain why this tea is called "White Peony"? Does it have flowers mixed in with the leaves, like Jasmine teas often do? I hate Jasmine teas! Tastes like perfume! And when you say you grab a large pinch of leaves from the bag, do you just drops those leaves into your cup and add water? How do you get rid of the leaves? I hate a lot of loose stuff floating about in my tea!

User avatar
Apr 27th, '11, 14:01
Posts: 14
Joined: Mar 10th, '11

Re: Help with white peony??

by teafarm » Apr 27th, '11, 14:01

l8nytsimmer wrote:Can someone explain why this tea is called "White Peony"? Does it have flowers mixed in with the leaves, like Jasmine teas often do? I hate Jasmine teas! Tastes like perfume! And when you say you grab a large pinch of leaves from the bag, do you just drops those leaves into your cup and add water? How do you get rid of the leaves? I hate a lot of loose stuff floating about in my tea!
Maybe someone can translate this better than Google Translate.
福建省福鼎县一带盛产白牡丹茶,白牡丹茶身披白茸毛的芽叶成朵,宛如一朵朵白牡丹花。白牡丹茶属白茶类,它经绿叶夹银色白毫芽形似花朵,冲泡之后绿叶托着嫩芽,宛若蓓蕾初开,故名白牡丹。

User avatar
Apr 27th, '11, 14:11
Posts: 14
Joined: Mar 10th, '11

Re: Help with white peony??

by teafarm » Apr 27th, '11, 14:11

Anyone else notice the pictures of the white peony on Adagio's site is not indicative of what white peony looks like. It's somewhat "enhanced," no?

Anyways, I brew my White Peony (not from Adagio) with boiling water 100C for 30-60 seconds and there were no hints of bitterness. Very good flavor and aroma. It lasted me 4 steepings; 3 from yesterday and 1 more this morning.

User avatar
Apr 27th, '11, 15:09
Vendor Member
Posts: 2104
Joined: Sep 24th, '08
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Help with white peony??

by gingkoseto » Apr 27th, '11, 15:09

teafarm wrote:Anyone else notice the pictures of the white peony on Adagio's site is not indicative of what white peony looks like. It's somewhat "enhanced," no?
This one?
http://www.adagio.com/white/white_peony ... 7e44a468e1

I think it's fine and a good representative of white peony. The leaves can look quite colorful under bright white light (as seen in the picture), but those are the natural colors of the leaves.

User avatar
May 9th, '11, 14:56
Posts: 14
Joined: Mar 10th, '11

Re: Help with white peony??

by teafarm » May 9th, '11, 14:56

gingkoseto wrote:
teafarm wrote:Anyone else notice the pictures of the white peony on Adagio's site is not indicative of what white peony looks like. It's somewhat "enhanced," no?
This one?
http://www.adagio.com/white/white_peony ... 7e44a468e1

I think it's fine and a good representative of white peony. The leaves can look quite colorful under bright white light (as seen in the picture), but those are the natural colors of the leaves.
Thanks for the explanation. So vibrant, now, I must try some. :D

+ Post Reply