How's everyone holding up?

Miscellaneous Discussion. Any topics that don't fit in other areas of the forum.

Mar 20th 20 5:20 pm

How's everyone holding up?

by Bridgette » Mar 20th 20 5:20 pm

Hello TeaChat,

I couldn't help but wonder how you all are doing in this crazy time.

I hope this finds you well and healthy, and if you're in quarantine (self-imposed or not), that you are filling your time in at least some meaningful ways.

I joined the Adagio team back in December 2019, so fairly recently. My current goal is to drink all of my subpar teas, or throw them out (I've had a few that were gifted to me that were somwhere between undrinkable and vile). This way I can make room for new and improved teas.

I'm also trying to learn guitar... it is mostly unsuccessful, but I'll keep at it.

Having another go at The Office again before it leaves Netflix- somewhere in season 3 now I believe.

Playing non-stop fetch with the pup is a double-edge sword.

Anywho, what are you doing to not go insane in isolation?
Adagio Online Community Manager

Apr 2nd 20 5:47 am

Re: How's everyone holding up?

by Mare of Earth » Apr 2nd 20 5:47 am

Well, I work from home anyway - current conditions just mean I don’t run errands or go see my Mom when I am not working.
Kind of bored, which is good because I found my way back here!

Apr 2nd 20 12:15 pm

by zoey » Apr 2nd 20 12:15 pm

Home, tea and found my way back here. Tried my hand at iced tea - can't get that right. Sigh.

Apr 2nd 20 2:22 pm

by Bridgette » Apr 2nd 20 2:22 pm

zoey wrote: Home, tea and found my way back here. Tried my hand at iced tea - can't get that right. Sigh.
I have some tips from Adagio's Tea Master that I pass along to make iced tea.

She recommends this article.

She also says, to brew 16 ounces of iced tea, you can use two heaping teaspoons (depending on how flavorful you like it), add 8 oz of hot water, brew for the recommended time in the brewing instructions on the pouch, then add 8 oz cool water, cold water, or ice- depending on how quickly you'd like to drink the tea. Set in the refrigerator until the desired temperature is reached.

Hope this helps you out!
Adagio Online Community Manager

Apr 5th 20 8:00 am

by jannetje.b » Apr 5th 20 8:00 am

Well quarantine has meant that I've finally ended up trying to be active here after lurking for quite a while :). I tried to put up an intro post at least Image we'll see if it took.

I'm going through my various teas, resampling etc. Also seeing what I'd like to order when quarantine lifts: in New Zealand only certain things are allowed to be shipped at the moment, and international tea orders are a big question mark. So I'm making a tea tasting notebook.
I've also busted out my woodworking tools to give making a tea tray a go. This could go either really well....or really bad.

And if there was a quarantine Better Homes and Gardens show, I think I'd be a contender. Painting, redecorating, cleaning, gardening, it's all happened!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk