Snail mail

Miscellaneous Discussion. Any topics that don't fit in other areas of the forum.

Jun 9th, '16, 15:42

Snail mail

by mbrb1832 » Jun 9th, '16, 15:42

It has been a long way getting here.. I m relatively new and this is my first post in tea chat.. I have placed my first order from china to singapore.. It has been 3 weeks since my parcel was sent out by air mail I have been tracking and last known was on 30 may stated that it was exported out of china.. Till today I have no idea where is the parcel and how long does it takes to reach singapore from china or could it be lost somewhere

Jun 9th, '16, 18:14

Re: Snail mail

by daidokorocha » Jun 9th, '16, 18:14

mbrb1832 wrote:It has been a long way getting here.. I m relatively new and this is my first post in tea chat.. I have placed my first order from china to singapore.. It has been 3 weeks since my parcel was sent out by air mail I have been tracking and last known was on 30 may stated that it was exported out of china.. Till today I have no idea where is the parcel and how long does it takes to reach singapore from china or could it be lost somewhere
About a month ago I ordered from Yunnan Sourcing and I accidentally chose China Ground. I still have not received it and the tracking is still stuck as having just left China. I believe this is pretty normal because other countries might not continue the scanning. Personally, I am just hanging in there and hoping for the best.

Jun 10th, '16, 01:54

by mbrb1832 » Jun 10th, '16, 01:54

daidokorocha wrote:
mbrb1832 wrote:It has been a long way getting here.. I m relatively new and this is my first post in tea chat.. I have placed my first order from china to singapore.. It has been 3 weeks since my parcel was sent out by air mail I have been tracking and last known was on 30 may stated that it was exported out of china.. Till today I have no idea where is the parcel and how long does it takes to reach singapore from china or could it be lost somewhere
About a month ago I ordered from Yunnan Sourcing and I accidentally chose China Ground. I still have not received it and the tracking is still stuck as having just left China. I believe this is pretty normal because other countries might not continue the scanning. Personally, I am just hanging in there and hoping for the best.
Is this your first order from china? There is nothing much we can do except to wait. In future I will most likely to op for ems after this experience
Thank you for sharing

Jun 10th, '16, 01:56
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 10th, '16, 01:56

If you chose surface shipping...you may be waiting 3-4 MONTHS.

if your tea went out on May 30th from China, you should get it within a week. SG Customs may be an issue, though--I don't know about SG specifically but your Customs are pretty crazy over there. What did you buy from China? Kyarazen might be the guy to ask since he lives in SG too.

Jun 10th, '16, 02:24

by mbrb1832 » Jun 10th, '16, 02:24

jayinhk wrote:If you chose surface shipping...you may be waiting 3-4 MONTHS.

if your tea went out on May 30th from China, you should get it within a week. SG Customs may be an issue, though--I don't know about SG specifically but your Customs are pretty crazy over there. What did you buy from China? Kyarazen might be the guy to ask since he lives in SG too.
Today is already the 11th day since the parcel was exported out from Guangzhou I ordered some tea from Malaysia by ems and it took only 4 days to reach me.. This order from china are some tea samples, 3 teapots ( 1 of them is a factory teapot) and some accessories.. What worries me is teapot .. Hope that it will be in good condition upon arrival.. I have an bad experience with the parcel from Malaysia - F1 teapot that I ordered was slight chip at the spout.. The vendor is kind enough to replace me another but I find it a hassle and decided to keep it

Keeping my finger cross as from now

Jun 10th, '16, 02:29
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 10th, '16, 02:29

mbrb1832 wrote:

Today is already the 11th day since the parcel was exported out from Guangzhou I ordered some tea from Malaysia by ems and it took only 4 days to reach me.. This order from china are some tea samples, 3 teapots ( 1 of them is a factory teapot) and some accessories.. What worries me is teapot .. Hope that it will be in good condition upon arrival.. I have an bad experience with the parcel from Malaysia - F1 teapot that I ordered was slight chip at the spout.. The vendor is kind enough to replace me another but I find it a hassle and decided to keep it

Where did you buy the teapot from? Maybe SG Customs is assessing duty?

Jun 10th, '16, 02:42

by mbrb1832 » Jun 10th, '16, 02:42

jayinhk wrote:
mbrb1832 wrote:

I bought it from chawang.. But I m not even sure if it already in singapore as last known was exported out and still in transit

Jun 10th, '16, 03:02
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Jun 10th, '16, 03:02

mbrb1832 wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
mbrb1832 wrote:

I bought it from chawang.. But I m not even sure if it already in singapore as last known was exported out and still in transit
How about the F1 pot from Malaysia? Relax, it'll get there.

Jun 10th, '16, 03:09

by mbrb1832 » Jun 10th, '16, 03:09

jayinhk wrote:
mbrb1832 wrote:
jayinhk wrote:
mbrb1832 wrote:

How about the F1 pot from Malaysia? Relax, it'll get there.
EOT from Malaysia

Thanks jayinhk... Still keeping my fingers cross

Jun 10th, '16, 08:49

by kyarazen » Jun 10th, '16, 08:49

china to singapore can be up to 6 weeks depending on the service they use...

hello fellow singaporean :D

Jun 10th, '16, 13:46

by daidokorocha » Jun 10th, '16, 13:46

mbrb1832 wrote:
daidokorocha wrote:
Is this your first order from china? There is nothing much we can do except to wait. In future I will most likely to op for ems after this experience
Thank you for sharing
No, I order from China all the time. Usually it takes 1-3 weeks. I have had some slower shipping, but usually I do not choose surface. That was a mistake because I ordered it at 4 AM and wasn't paying attention. I'm expecting it sometime in the next month, surely. I have heard horror stories about MONTHS but on average I think 2 months is the longest it takes. If it takes longer, I suppose I'll be enjoying all my spring teas in the Fall...

Jun 10th, '16, 16:37

by mbrb1832 » Jun 10th, '16, 16:37

kyarazen wrote:
china to singapore can be up to 6 weeks depending on the service they use...

hello fellow singaporean :D
Hi kyarazen.
6 weeks by air mail? It seems like a long trip.. Anyway really appreciate for all the informations

+ Post Reply