Coffee anyone?

Miscellaneous Discussion. Any topics that don't fit in other areas of the forum.

Jun 17th, '07, 23:10

by Space Samurai » Jun 17th, '07, 23:10

I don't know of a coffee community on the web, but since you live in Texas, I might be able to help you find soem great coffee.

If you live in Houston, Austin, San Antonio or in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, go to Central Market, they have a very nice selction of whole bean coffee. If you don't live near a CM, you might look for a Whole Foods. After that I got nothing.

Jun 18th, '07, 02:27

by wanna-be buddha » Jun 18th, '07, 02:27

If you're willing to put up with some pretty aggressive sales gimmicks, Gevalia is a decent way to go. You get a pretty cool gift for signing up, and their coffee really is great, in my opinion.

I can't remember how many times I've signed up, got my free coffee pot, grinder, thermal carafe or whatever, paid for my first month of coffee, and then canceled. I used to have a shelf full of Gevalia swag.

Because exploiting corporate offers makes you cool, like me.
through cruel adversity,
we discover Dharma
and find the unchanging way.

thank you, adversity!

Jun 18th, '07, 11:08

by xine » Jun 18th, '07, 11:08

wanna-be buddha wrote:If you're willing to put up with some pretty aggressive sales gimmicks, Gevalia is a decent way to go. You get a pretty cool gift for signing up, and their coffee really is great, in my opinion.

I can't remember how many times I've signed up, got my free coffee pot, grinder, thermal carafe or whatever, paid for my first month of coffee, and then canceled. I used to have a shelf full of Gevalia swag.

Because exploiting corporate offers makes you cool, like me.
haha, Buddha, you are like my mom. We have like 5 boxes of Gevalia coffee in our pantry. She likes to stock up for the holidays and then give them out like crazy, or she sends them to family in the PI. It's pretty funny, cos my parents only drink decaf coffee, and I am weening them off of that to drink tea, and me and my brother don't drink coffee, so it just sits there. She did use the new fancy coffee maker (finally) when we had an influx of family come in last month.

+ Post Reply