Russian Soul *ROCKS*

Miscellaneous Discussion. Any topics that don't fit in other areas of the forum.

Aug 10th, '08, 17:03

Russian Soul *ROCKS*

by kymidwife » Aug 10th, '08, 17:03

A special thanks to Russian Soul for being such a fantastic hostess to me today in Chicago. We visited a fabulous spot for lunch and enjoyed some delicious food, pastry, and a couple of pots of oolong tea. We had a great conversation, and I am so glad to have had this time with her. Thank you RS!

Now that I have had the pleasure of meeting both Auggy and Russian Soul, who are both such delightful people... I am making it a rule to try to meet a Teachat friend any and every time I travel.

Coming to a city near you soon.....

Sarah
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Aug 10th, '08, 17:35
Scrolling: scrolling

by Victoria » Aug 10th, '08, 17:35

Good for you!
Sounds like fun,
And oolong too!
:)

Aug 10th, '08, 17:45

by Riene » Aug 10th, '08, 17:45

I've had the pleasure, several times, of meeting people from the internet. It's always been wonderful. :D I'm glad you both had a good time!

Aug 10th, '08, 18:56

by RussianSoul » Aug 10th, '08, 18:56

I had such a good time! Kymidwife is pretty awesome!

I got a sneak peek into Harry Potter subculture, I had no idea...

We went to Julius Meinl cafe and both had Fancy Formosa Oolong tea. Personally I didn't expect much thinking - this is just a restaurant tea, but was very pleasantly surprised with its quality and reminded to not assume. Of course the pleasant company might have colored everything rosy.

Aug 10th, '08, 20:16

by Salsero » Aug 10th, '08, 20:16

That is some dark looking oo. Oriental Beauty or Feng Huang Concubine maybe? Looks great!

kymidwife looks like you are on your way to becoming the roving ambassatrix of TeaChat.

Aug 10th, '08, 22:35

by kymidwife » Aug 10th, '08, 22:35

Salsero wrote:That is some dark looking oo. Oriental Beauty or Feng Huang Concubine maybe? Looks great!

kymidwife looks like you are on your way to becoming the roving ambassatrix of TeaChat.
Just waiting for an invitation to the Sunshine State. :)
***This organic blend is earthy & spicy, with a fragrant aroma & smooth flavor to captivate the senses. Naturally sweetened in the Kentucky sunshine & infused with natural energy. Equally delicious when served piping hot or crisply chilled.***

Aug 10th, '08, 22:54

by Salsero » Aug 10th, '08, 22:54

kymidwife wrote: Just waiting for an invitation to the Sunshine State.
You get to Gainesville and I'll feed you tea!

Aug 11th, '08, 01:53

by Geekgirl » Aug 11th, '08, 01:53

Salsero wrote:
Ditto Portland! I've met quite a few online friends IRL, and love doing so.

Aug 11th, '08, 06:37

by henley » Aug 11th, '08, 06:37

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote: Ditto Portland! I've met quite a few online friends IRL, and love doing so.
Elchai & I had a great time when we met, too.

If you make it to the Atlanta area again, LMK! Too bad we 'know' each other before the Eagles concert.

Aug 11th, '08, 17:05

by PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 11th, '08, 17:05

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:
Salsero wrote:
Ditto Portland! I've met quite a few online friends IRL, and love doing so.
Same here for Hazleton, PA. Although I can't think of ANY reason you'd want to come here :shock:

For real though...

if you happen to find yourself anywhere near me, we'll have tea :)

Aug 11th, '08, 17:10

by Chip » Aug 11th, '08, 17:10

Nice TeaMeets!

Wow, Hazelton. You are not so far from Reading. Another TeaGhost town. There is no TeaReason to come to Reading, except we have an authentic 7 story pagoda atop the mountain which Reading is built. Actually, the night of the Opening Cermonies for the Olympics, they had its 100 year anniversary.

But no tea there anyway.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Aug 11th, '08, 23:21

by kymidwife » Aug 11th, '08, 23:21

I am so glad to be home... totally exhausted... and now mentally planning my "Teachat Travels" of the future. Wish I could come see every one of you, and perhaps I will!

~~The Roving Midwife Tea-Sipper~~

Aug 12th, '08, 21:09

by PolyhymnianMuse » Aug 12th, '08, 21:09

Chip wrote:Nice TeaMeets!

Wow, Hazelton. You are not so far from Reading. Another TeaGhost town. There is no TeaReason to come to Reading, except we have an authentic 7 story pagoda atop the mountain which Reading is built. Actually, the night of the Opening Cermonies for the Olympics, they had its 100 year anniversary.

But no tea there anyway.
It seems the general area around me for atleast 100 miles has nothing worth Teaexploring. There is however a little place in Intercourse (near Lancaster) that sells their own loose Tisanes which are amazing.

+ Post Reply