2017 Shincha!

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jun 7th, '17, 09:01

Re: 2017 Shincha!

by davidglass » Jun 7th, '17, 09:01

victoria3 wrote:
davidglass wrote:
Ferg wrote:
davidglass wrote: Good news:

Dear David

An Oku-midori from Miyakonojo should available within the end of the next week.
Kind regards.
Looks like Kevin will have one available as well within days. Just another option to consider. I've been holding off for his Kamairicha to become available, to order along with the Guricha. May add this one to the order as well! :)
What company is that?
O-Cha, Kevin is the owner.
Thanks

Jun 13th, '17, 21:53

by devites » Jun 13th, '17, 21:53

For me the highlight of shincha is the aroma! It is so bright and fresh and intense.

So far I have tried the Kirishima Shincha from O-cha, and I ordered the YM, Sae Midori, and Chiran.

Kirishima is Organic so it has that going for it. This is definitely a fresher version of an everyday sencha, so I say get it while you can. It's nothing revelatory like YM and Uji can be, but definitely full of euphoric Japanese green tea goodness. It sits clean, 1st infusion is lightly grassy, and 2nd infusion is full of a gyokuroesque sweetness, which makes this tea at $18 a bargain in my book!

and I got a little excited so I have just ordered:

Kirameki Uji Shincha

Ureshino Tamaryokucha

Aoi Uji Asamushi Sencha

Kamairi Organic Tamaryokucha

Oku Yutaka Organic Sencha

I will let you know as a try them!
Attachments
IMG_4934.JPG
Kirishima first infusion/ spent leaves
IMG_4934.JPG (58.08 KiB) Viewed 881 times

Jun 25th, '17, 17:51

by devites » Jun 25th, '17, 17:51

Too many teas:

Kirameki Uji Shincha
- really clean light and subtle tea

Aoi Uji Asamushi Sencha (not a shincha)
- this is more of that light, subtle kind sencha

Oku Yutaka Organic Sencha (this is a shincha)
- wow, repeating myself, but light clean subtle and the smell of the leaves has fruits notes, which is interesting, and makes it through to the tea. mouth has apricot notes, its pretty yummy!

Sep 16th, '17, 00:06

by brlarson » Sep 16th, '17, 00:06

Wow. Am I the only Zencha fan still in this forum?

I've been too busy for the last few years to be adventurous with tea, but their takumi shincha was delicious this year, more full-flavored/less astringent than in some of the previous years.

Their kiwami shincha (and sencha) is also very good quality and it can be had for an attractive price.

I haven't tried their ultimate sencha for a couple of years but that might change soon.

Sep 16th, '17, 03:33

by Xeractha » Sep 16th, '17, 03:33

brlarson wrote: Wow. Am I the only Zencha fan still in this forum?

I've been too busy for the last few years to be adventurous with tea, but their takumi shincha was delicious this year, more full-flavored/less astringent than in some of the previous years.

Their kiwami shincha (and sencha) is also very good quality and it can be had for an attractive price.

I haven't tried their ultimate sencha for a couple of years but that might change soon.
I buy japanese greens mostly from Zencha (around 90% of purchases). Sometimes from Maiko, i prefer their karigane. So you're not the only fan. :D

+ Post Reply