Preferred Green Tea for Iced

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 8th, '18, 16:13

Preferred Green Tea for Iced

by kerrym1982 » Feb 8th, '18, 16:13

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Teachat and would like to say hello and ask some questions!

Recently, I've been experimenting with different greens teas that can be mixed with other flavors , to make mocktails etc... Does anyone have a specific tea they like to use that produces a nice strong flavor(not bitter) and still comes through in a mixed drink.

Many thanks everyone and happy tea drinking!

Kerry

Feb 9th, '18, 05:52
Vendor Member

Re: Preferred Green Tea for Iced

by jayinhk » Feb 9th, '18, 05:52

kerrym1982 wrote: Hi Everyone,

Recently, I've been experimenting with different greens teas that can be mixed with other flavors , to make mocktails etc... Does anyone have a specific tea they like to use that produces a nice strong flavor(not bitter) and still comes through in a mixed drink.

Kerry
Try Vietnamese Thai Nguyen green tea (sometimes called fish hook for the Western market).

Feb 9th, '18, 15:47

by kerrym1982 » Feb 9th, '18, 15:47

jayinhk wrote:

Kerry
Try Vietnamese Thai Nguyen green tea (sometimes called fish hook for the Western market).
Thanks. I'll take a look!

Feb 16th, '18, 15:36

by BrianM » Feb 16th, '18, 15:36

Hi Kerry,
While I really don’t drink tea iced very much, I do like to blend flavors with green tea and they would probably go over well iced. One is Moroccan mint. I’ve only used gunpowder green for this but I’m sure what you have in your pantry will work fine. I do rinse the leaves first but brew it western style as apposed to gong fu which matches the method of all YouTube vids I’ve seen for it. Add a generous handful of fresh mint (stems and all) while the leaves are steeping. Another blend I do with greens, I affectionately call Rogues Tea because I add sugar to it. This and the Moroccan are the only teas I sweeten. Anyway, I blend a green, usually gunpowder again though I have used Jade Cloud with a Jasmine scented tea because I prefer a more diluted flavor than Jasmine full strength. Often I add crystallized ginger to it as well. I’ve found both of these blends great for casual entertaining and even drink them myself when no one is looking haha :roll: I hope I’ve been able to help if only a bit.

Regards,
Brian
One note, if you’re suffering from a bitter green :mrgreen: , lowering your temp may help with that.

Kerry

Feb 20th, '18, 04:15

by 12Tea » Feb 20th, '18, 04:15

I really like Teasenz' dragon well tea for an iced green tea. I tried their cold brew recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0Oyg_xWjZ4

Feb 22nd, '18, 14:44

by atrix » Feb 22nd, '18, 14:44

Hi, I really like mecha from Jugetsudo. Cold brew mecha is very tasty.
In summer, I make it in a pitcher and keep it in the fridge.
It contains matcha powder and it settles in the bottom.
Each time before I pour the tea in a glass, I have to stir a little,
which is a bit troublesome, but other than that, I really like it.

Jun 12th, '18, 16:08
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 12th, '18, 16:08

Cold brewed sencha is really refreshing!

+ Post Reply