Is regular consumption of Green tea beneficial?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Nov 5th, '14, 23:41

Is regular consumption of Green tea beneficial?

by greentea2 » Nov 5th, '14, 23:41

A Harvard Medical School study discovered that regular consumption of tea could boost the body’s defences against infection. A component in tea was found in laboratory experiments to prime the immune system to attack invading bacteria, viruses and fungi, according to a study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Researchers claim that the results give clear proof that five cups of tea a day sharpen the body’s disease defences. Hence it’s always better to consume Green tea daily.
Source : http://www.japanese-green-tea-india.in

Nov 5th, '14, 23:55

Re: Is regular consumption of Green tea beneficial?

by chingwa » Nov 5th, '14, 23:55

Evan obviously jinxed the last thread by posting about his unwarranted oolong bias in this the green tea thread! I will accept it as karmic justice that the everseeing eye of MOD brought down upon him the wrath of heaven for purpoting such ludicrousies on our catechin caching cravings!

Thankfully greentea2 has resurrected the valuable health knowledge that was lost to the abyss, we can all be thankful that our caffeine-induced heartburn will be quenched and that our flouridated kidneys will be dialyzed by the celestial seasonings inherit in these our godly greens!

Nov 6th, '14, 00:40

by kyarazen » Nov 6th, '14, 00:40

we need teh mod to catechin and pu-erh him into storage

Nov 6th, '14, 10:56

by Poseidon » Nov 6th, '14, 10:56

kyarazen wrote:we need teh mod to catechin and pu-erh him into storage
Ba dum - Chsss!

Nov 6th, '14, 11:42
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Nov 6th, '14, 11:42

Due to the benefit of the OP, the post remains :shock: while the poster has ... left the building. :mrgreen:

Feb 21st, '19, 12:38

by matchateacompany » Feb 21st, '19, 12:38

Matcha green tea is 10 times healthier than your regular green tea.
Read - https://www.matchateacompany.in/blogs/n ... -green-tea

Feb 22nd, '19, 02:04

by TuoChaTea » Feb 22nd, '19, 02:04

matchateacompany wrote: Matcha green tea is 10 times healthier than your regular green tea.
Read - https://www.matchateacompany.in/blogs/n ... -green-tea
Sounds like BS. I quote the most obvious lie - “Matcha has 137 times more antioxidants than regular green tea.”. So by grounding the green tea down you increase its antioxidant content 137 times??? How???

Feb 22nd, '19, 13:33

by beiosto » Feb 22nd, '19, 13:33

Sounds like BS. I quote the most obvious lie - “Matcha has 137 times more antioxidants than regular green tea.”. So by grounding the green tea down you increase its antioxidant content 137 times??? How???
It could be because it's ground into smaller particles, which helps dissolves more matter. The amount of antioxidants in the leaves doesn't change, but there will be more in your cup.

Feb 23rd, '19, 05:24

by TuoChaTea » Feb 23rd, '19, 05:24

beiosto wrote:
It could be because it's ground into smaller particles, which helps dissolves more matter. The amount of antioxidants in the leaves doesn't change, but there will be more in your cup.
I googled a bit - https://yunomi.life/blogs/japanese-tea- ... -green-tea - so yeah, it is definitely not true.

TLDR: matcha have the least amount of catechins (antioxidants) from japanese green teas based on studies (except roasted teas).

Feb 26th, '19, 07:55

by beiosto » Feb 26th, '19, 07:55

TuoChaTea wrote:
beiosto wrote:
I googled a bit - https://yunomi.life/blogs/japanese-tea- ... -green-tea - so yeah, it is definitely not true.

TLDR: matcha have the least amount of catechins (antioxidants) from japanese green teas based on studies (except roasted teas).
For me the main reason to drink tea is the taste and experience. Any health benefit is a plus. I would not buy tea based on numbers.

+ Post Reply