Buying high quality Matcha and Gyokuro ?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Sep 18th, '20, 13:18

Buying high quality Matcha and Gyokuro ?

by travelfan » Sep 18th, '20, 13:18

Dear All

I am looking for online shop to buy Matcha and Gyokuro with high quality

Several shops i found with high reputation such as (Note they can ship abroad to my hometown):
Ippodo
Sazen
O-Cha
Fukujuen

I am looking for the quality more than how much it will cost

Any recommendation to buy from these stores or others (Matcha and Gyokuro)

Thank you

May 19th, '21, 16:38

Re: Buying high quality Matcha and Gyokuro ?

by Bridgette » May 19th, '21, 16:38

travelfan wrote: Dear All

I am looking for online shop to buy Matcha and Gyokuro with high quality

Several shops i found with high reputation such as (Note they can ship abroad to my hometown):
Ippodo
Sazen
O-Cha
Fukujuen

I am looking for the quality more than how much it will cost

Thank you
I would recommend trying a sample of each from Adagio (matcha and gyokuro).
Adagio Online Community Manager

Aug 20th, '21, 05:09

by mutroke » Aug 20th, '21, 05:09

There are many Japanese shops that offer great quality products, but only a few offer you a nice experience of purchase, most of the "Big and famous" shops do not care to treat you properly, all you get is a notification of shipping and that's it. Good luck if you have problems with your order then, some of the big companies sometimes do not even bother to reply to you, yes even in Japan it happens, you sometimes have to e-mail them multiple times. What i hate about the Big brands is they offer you only DHL shipping at huge prices with no low cost alternatives, only the small shops can offer you shipping by Boat if you ask them and packages sent as sample or gift, to avoid illegal money extortion from customs and DHL. Yes Ippodo has some good tea, but that's the only thing you get, their gyokuro was nice but their sencha was some of the worst i had, but tried only one of lower grade. Sazen is nice, their customer service responds and they try to help you if you need "special requests" for your order, they have the biggest selection of Matcha, but i find their green tea leaf offerings a bit lacking, as they either have expensive gyokuros/senchas or cheap stuff, but not much in the middle. I would experience with what you have in your list, then you can look for other smaller shops you can find them on Teachat forum and after a few years, you will see which ones are worth your time and money ;-), because right now with Japan post services being blocked by these evil politicians that permit only DHL/FEDEX to deliver, you will be throwing away A LOT of money on shipping for a few cans of tea.

Oct 26th, '21, 04:36

by mutroke » Oct 26th, '21, 04:36

Have to cancel the recommendation of Sazen as i had a bad experience with my last order, once i had problems with them, the situation transformed itself into lies and i was blamed for their mistake, rude customer support, not japanese people.

Dec 29th, '21, 12:26

New on here

by Matsurf » Dec 29th, '21, 12:26

I am trying to find organic stench’s tea from Japan high quality I’m having a hard time anyone know any seller I can look up thank you so much I am new to this site

Jan 1st, '22, 12:21

by eon-pu » Jan 1st, '22, 12:21

travelfan wrote: Dear All

Thank you
I've bought a lot from Sazen and the experience has always been positive. Sure, the shipping is expensive from Japan. But that's simply the nature of buying individual orders from the other side of the world.

That said, I would also encourage you to check out These Du Japon. It is a smaller outfit, based on Japan, with a more curated collection. I've gotten some of my best greens from them. Their gyokuro, in particular, is beautiful!

Good luck trying the many options out there!

Feb 23rd, '22, 03:15

by 12Tea » Feb 23rd, '22, 03:15

I've heard that shipping fees are slowly coming down. I think you may wait 2-3 months, and you'll have the new spring season tea with lower shipping fees.

+ Post Reply