Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Aug 1st, '12, 14:02
Vendor Member

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by blairswhitaker » Aug 1st, '12, 14:02

Peacock wrote:Kagoshima Sencha Shimofuri from Yuuki-Cha. I like to increase the time 15 more seconds than suggested on their brewing guide. Also, compared to the last time I ordered from them in which I got their only sencha from Uji I believe, this one has more staying power. I only could get 3 infusions with the Uji Gokujo sencha.
The shimofuri is a GREAT tea, I love the really succulent flavor of this offering.

Just had some yuuki-cha kamairicha minekaori, a very subtle and tasty treat.

Aug 2nd, '12, 08:04

by Alex » Aug 2nd, '12, 08:04

Organic Kagoshima Sencha Asatsuyu

From YC.

Its probably one of my favourite Fuka's from them. Had some of the Organic Kagoshima Sencha Magokoro before this and don't really rate it like others do.

However I really need to get some Asu again. Havent had any for ages and think in general I may now prefer the lighter steamed teas.

Will probably get an order from o-cha

Aug 2nd, '12, 14:13
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Aug 2nd, '12, 14:13

Just opened Kunpu LE shincha from Den's. Reminds me a bit of Kinari.

Only a couple grams of Kinari left ...

And still pondering the Pinnacle Shincha from Hibiki-an that should be singing a cappella for the buck a gram price but it is barely humming. :lol:
Alex wrote:However I really need to get some Asu again. Havent had any for ages and think in general I may now prefer the lighter steamed teas.

Will probably get an order from o-cha
Likewise, I am all out of O-Cha selections (asa or otherwise) ... well, that is not exactly true. :wink: Though I cannot say more on that for now.

Aug 2nd, '12, 17:39

by JRS22 » Aug 2nd, '12, 17:39

Here's hoping that this subject you can't talk about turns into another OTTI!

Finished the last of my OTTI shincha selections and returned to drinking 2011 O-Cha Sencha Otsuusan. Still my favorite sencha due to its total lack of bitterness even when intensely brewed. I suppose its time to begin planning my next purchase, as its been months since I finished off the last of the 2011 gyokuro. Wait - maybe thats what Chip is hinting at.

Aug 2nd, '12, 17:53

by MIKE_B » Aug 2nd, '12, 17:53

Drinking the last of Ippodo's Uji Shincha.
Sad.

Aug 2nd, '12, 17:57

by teaisme » Aug 2nd, '12, 17:57

so YS 2012 mao feng...
took a while to come to grasps with this ones sensitivity, but the perseverance was worth the wait

durable, interesting changes throughout each brew, not too thin, goes down so well, lingers

What seemed not so versatile in the beginning has proven again to be my lack of skill. Makes a great multiple infusions with pot full of wet leaf in the end,
or makes a good two brewer with wet leaf just barely covering the bottom of the pot in the end

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aug 5th, '12, 12:46

by iovetea » Aug 5th, '12, 12:46

Im trying koyamaen shin cha gold they say it is( i cant read the japanese labelling so i dont know if its ture), its really awesome its the first japanese i ever drank that i could brew so many times. Its so incredible good and i cant believe it lasts so long and taste so awesome its really addicting.

Aug 5th, '12, 15:26

by AdamMY » Aug 5th, '12, 15:26

A Duo of Greens, to start out Tancho no mukashi Matcha from ippodo.

Then to keep things going Morning Crane Tea Jungjak. As this tea is at least a year old now, its quite surprising how well its holding together. It's lost some of the freshness it had last year, but its still a soothing and easy drinking tea.

Aug 7th, '12, 00:24

by debunix » Aug 7th, '12, 00:24

Not quite currently, but now that the chaos of the day is winding down, I'm catching up: finished the Ureshino Kamairi Tamaryokucha I received as a gift from Petr Novak with an order of teawares, and brewed the last part up in his shiboridashi, and shared it around at work this morning. It was well received, a nice grassy mellow tea. mmm.

Aug 9th, '12, 17:23

by AdamMY » Aug 9th, '12, 17:23

Coming down from a tea high. Earlier ( and likely way to close to my morning coffee) I decided to make some Kirameki from O-cha. But I wasn't paying attention when adding leaf, and lets just say I double stuffed it!

I am not sure which I like better, double stuffed oreo's or double stuffed kyusu's full of kirameki :!: It would be kirameki hands down if I wasn't so anxious all afternoon.

Aug 10th, '12, 20:20

by debunix » Aug 10th, '12, 20:20

No tea high today, but some excellent tea in spite of frantic rushing busy work obstacles: started with some An Ji Bai Cha, mellow and pleasing, from Wing Hop Fung. I'm looking forward to a new version from Norbu but need to finish of most of this before I can open the spring 2012 tea.

Aug 11th, '12, 11:34

by JRS22 » Aug 11th, '12, 11:34

My order of 2012 Chinese greens arrived late yesterday, too late to caffeinate, so I had to wait until this morning. It was worth the wait. The Tai Ping Hou Kui is beautiful when dry, and deliciously sweet when brewed. It's quite a contrast compared to the Japanese greens that I've been drinking lately. So much delicious tea - I'll never be bored.

Aug 11th, '12, 18:56

by JRS22 » Aug 11th, '12, 18:56

I'll be up late tonight as I followed up my session with the Tai Ping Hou Kui with a second one with the An Ji Bai Cha. I like to read the and/or listen to the radio while drinking tea so after narrowly missing splashing my Ipad with hot TPHK I switched to a pot for the An Ji Bai Cha. It was also deliciously sweet and fresh when brewed and I enjoyed using my Hong Il pot. Both teas are from Jing Tea Shop.

Aug 12th, '12, 11:15

by debunix » Aug 12th, '12, 11:15

Really hot yesterday, so I broke out the glass infuser mugs, and started today with overnight-cold-brewed sencha---a cheap package from a local store, which isn't much brewed hot, but is tasty enough when done this way....

Aug 12th, '12, 12:04

by JRS22 » Aug 12th, '12, 12:04

Here it is just noon and I've already had 3 tea sessions. My new greens from Jing Tea Shop taste excellent brewed in my Hong Il pot, even though I'm not finished experimenting with the exact parameters needed for this pot as compared to a gaiwan. Then I had the penultimate session of 2011 Sencha Otsuusan Karigane from O-Cha. A bag of the 2012 is on the way, along with 2 gyos so I'll probably have just enough time to air out the canisters before the 2012 teas arrive.

Tomorrow I'm going to take photos to share of the TPHK. It's as beautiful as it's delicious!

+ Post Reply