Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 5th, '17, 15:05

Re: Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

by davidglass » May 5th, '17, 15:05

I am happy to report that I am, at this very moment, drinking Maiko's Shincha Kinari. I'm so happy!!!!

May 6th, '17, 12:11

by Ferg » May 6th, '17, 12:11

davidglass wrote: I am happy to report that I am, at this very moment, drinking Maiko's Shincha Kinari. I'm so happy!!!!
David - I am also happy to report that SK is in the house! :) However, as excited as I am to try it once again, I am attempting to exercise some patience based on this past post from Chip I recalled: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14327&p=258635&hilit=fridge#p258635

Curious to hear your brewing parameters on this one. Thanks again for the notification.

May 6th, '17, 13:38

by victoria3 » May 6th, '17, 13:38

Ferg wrote:
davidglass wrote: I am happy to report that I am, at this very moment, drinking Maiko's Shincha Kinari. I'm so happy!!!!
David - I am also happy to report that SK is in the house! :) However, as excited as I am to try it once again, I am attempting to exercise some patience based on this past post from Chip I recalled: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14327&p=258635&hilit=fridge#p258635

Curious to hear your brewing parameters on this one. Thanks again for the notification.
Ferg I opened my 2016 Kinari just this week and sent you half well sealed. Let me know how it compares to 2017 :D

May 6th, '17, 14:24

by Ferg » May 6th, '17, 14:24

victoria3 wrote:
Ferg I opened my 2016 Kinari just this week and sent you half well sealed. Let me know how it compares to 2017 :D
I am sure glad I was patient. Just checked the mailbox to find your package! :D I am quite content having just one pack open at a time, so I swapped the '17 for yours to heat to room temp before opening.

I will be keeping your tea in my Sakura bark tea caddy and will be more vigilant in making it part of the daily routine over this next week so I don't encounter the slight spoilage that I did with the AOI.

Thanks again Victoria! Some of this year's harvest might be making it your way over this coming week. Figured I'd mention in case you haven't already placed an order.

May 6th, '17, 14:34

by victoria3 » May 6th, '17, 14:34

Ferg wrote:
victoria3 wrote:
I am sure glad I was patient. Just checked the mailbox to find your package! :D I am quite content having just one pack open at a time, so I swapped the '17 for yours to heat to room temp before opening.

I will be keeping your tea in my Sakura bark tea caddy and will be more vigilant in making it part of the daily routine over this next week so I don't encounter the slight spoilage that I did with the AOI.

Thanks again Victoria! Some of this year's harvest might be making it your way over this coming week. Figured I'd mention in case you haven't already placed an order.
wow very kind ferg, butttt hold off sending me green just now 8) . I need to finish the just opened Kinari and a few others still open before they get dull. Plus I have a Ippodo Gyokuro I'm holding off opening until the others are finished. Plus I still have several in the refridgerator :shock: ... I love sincha, I really do, it's just a little stressful with a caffeine rush in my chest area. It's possible if I ate while sipping would be less so, but I almost never eat while sipping.

May 6th, '17, 15:08

by Ferg » May 6th, '17, 15:08

victoria3 wrote:
wow very kind ferg, butttt hold off sending me green just now 8) . I need to finish the just opened Kinari and a few others still open before they get dull. Plus I have a Ippodo Gyokuro I'm holding off opening until the others are finished. Plus I still have several in the refridgerator :shock: ... I love sincha, I really do, it's just a little stressful with a caffeine rush in my chest area. It's possible if I ate while sipping would be less so, but I almost never eat while sipping.
Ok, no worries. Completely understandable. I will provide you with tasting notes comparing the two for the time-being. Sent you an email just now. Chat later. Off to drink my first cuppa sencha in two weeks. Thanks again!

May 10th, '17, 13:07

by dshu » May 10th, '17, 13:07

Been getting into tea again... had a simple bowl of kiri-no-mori this morning!

May 11th, '17, 08:02

by DDMP11 » May 11th, '17, 08:02

I'm drinking cold brewed organic green ceylon from Upton Tea.

May 11th, '17, 09:14
Scrolling: scrolling

by Annabella » May 11th, '17, 09:14

I am drinking Oolong tea, brought it from Vietnam, it's one of my favourite ones!

May 14th, '17, 14:06

by Groucho » May 14th, '17, 14:06

This year's Lu Shan Yun Wu from Teavivre...yum!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

May 14th, '17, 22:20

by Muel » May 14th, '17, 22:20

I am having the wild grow mist/fog green tea from Hunan province of China, strong tropical favourite and taste fresh. Also have some wild grow green tea from the province of Sichuan, the used firewood when pan fired the tea leaves, which is very good too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

May 18th, '17, 11:13

by JRS22 » May 18th, '17, 11:13

I ordered 2 longing teas, as early Chinese greens are my version of shincha, and I've been playing with the brewing parameters. Less time and higher temps have been working so far - 175° rather than 150°. This gave me a reason to use the server that matches this beautiful Seong-Ill teapot and cup. I set the kettle temp for 180° and figure that pouring from the kettle to the server to the teapot reduces the temp 5°.
Attachments
IMG_220.jpg
IMG_220.jpg (66.11 KiB) Viewed 695 times

May 20th, '17, 16:26

by JRS22 » May 20th, '17, 16:26

Handmade Tai Ping Hou Kui from Tea Trekker. This Seong-Il gaiwan is the perfect shape for the long leaves. The tea is so fresh and sweet.
IMG_4364.jpg
IMG_4364.jpg (71.48 KiB) Viewed 613 times

May 20th, '17, 20:56
Scrolling: scrolling

by Mrs. Chip » May 20th, '17, 20:56

Nice setup, looks delish.

May 21st, '17, 03:17
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » May 21st, '17, 03:17

JRS22 wrote: I ordered 2 longing teas, as early Chinese greens are my version of shincha, and I've been playing with the brewing parameters. Less time and higher temps have been working so far - 175° rather than 150°. This gave me a reason to use the server that matches this beautiful Seong-Ill teapot and cup. I set the kettle temp for 180° and figure that pouring from the kettle to the server to the teapot reduces the temp 5°.
Hmmm, I always look at it as a 5-10 degree drop per vessel. When brewing sencha, I used freshly boiled water and pour into a cup, pitcher, and then a kyusu.

Still working on the 2015 Organic Kirishima (stored sealed in the fridge)...trying to finish the bag ASAP before it starts changing. I like this tea. It really has a calming effect (what I call cha qi). I thought only good old tree tea could have this kind of effect on me (and some aged oolongs), but this tea is powerful!

All of a sudden I appear to be in a sencha phase. It might be my trip to Japan that did it--sake and sencha every day. :lol:

+ Post Reply