Official what GREEN are you currently drinking?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jul 7th, '11, 19:42

Re: What GREEN are you currently drinking?

by Chasm » Jul 7th, '11, 19:42

Chiran sencha from O-cha. Yum. I recently shared it with someone from Japan, who then made me some other sencha from Chiran.

Jul 7th, '11, 22:10
Vendor Member

by IPT » Jul 7th, '11, 22:10

I am drinking some Xishan Green Tea (西山绿茶) from China's Guangxi Province. It is quite lovely with a full flavor that seems to just fill the mouth with flavor.

Jul 8th, '11, 11:54

by puerhking » Jul 8th, '11, 11:54

2011 Huang Shan Mao Feng from DTH

The dried leaves of HSMF gives off one of my favorite aromas. Complex grassy and floral scents. This is the least expensive example at DTH...but it quite nice with floral and chestnut flavors. Certainly worthy of having in the tea arsenal.

Jul 8th, '11, 16:37

by NOESIS » Jul 8th, '11, 16:37

Chip wrote:Just opened a bag of the new offering ORGANIC Kagoshima ASAMUSHI from O-Cha around an hour ago. I took one serving out and am letting it sit in open air. So I think it will be ready to brew shortly.
http://www.o-cha.com/organic-kagoshima- ... encha.html
At 21$ I am thinking this should be a very good value, and Kagoshima organic asamushi seems hard to come by.
I have some of this on the way. Can't wait to give it a try.

Currently trying a sample of 2011 Tai Ping Hou Kui from JTS. A pretty nice example of this tea. Good durability.

Jul 9th, '11, 01:06
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jul 9th, '11, 01:06

drinking 3 asamushi currently (well, 2 asa and one virtual asa).

Organic Kagoshima asamushi shincha from the O-C
Organic Warashina Supreme asamushi 2010, also O-C
Tamaryokucha Tokujo shincha (virtual asa, right?) from Hakoniwado

So whoever says I only drink fuka, take note, all asa at the moment. :mrgreen: :wink: :twisted:

Jul 9th, '11, 11:34
Scrolling: scrolling

by Stentor » Jul 9th, '11, 11:34

Chip wrote: So whoever says I only drink fuka, take note, all asa at the moment. :mrgreen: :wink: :twisted:
Haha :mrgreen:
You should get O-Cha's new Sae Midori, though! Now that my brewing is on point (65 C!) it is sooo good!

Jul 9th, '11, 18:31

by nickE » Jul 9th, '11, 18:31

Drinking more of the only Sencha I have on hand (soon to be remedied by the OTTI :mrgreen: ), Maiko's Shincha Kinari. This tea is really finicky and comes out different every time I have it. Or maybe I just suck at brewing Sencha? :lol:

Jul 9th, '11, 21:50

by iannon » Jul 9th, '11, 21:50

nickE wrote:Drinking more of the only Sencha I have on hand (soon to be remedied by the OTTI :mrgreen: ), Maiko's Shincha Kinari. This tea is really finicky and comes out different every time I have it. Or maybe I just suck at brewing Sencha? :lol:
I have had pretty good/consistent luck with Kinari. I have got it the last 3 years or so. I personally use lower temps and longer steeps with Kinari. like 150-155 and 90 sec first steep.

Jul 10th, '11, 10:48

by Tekoppen » Jul 10th, '11, 10:48

Today, the green tea I have been drinking have been a green (that is, not roasted) Kukicha. Great! Sadly enough, it was the last of the package :(

Jul 10th, '11, 18:25

by debunix » Jul 10th, '11, 18:25

Just finished a pleasant series of infusions with Yunnan Mao Feng from Norbu. As I've gotten better with brewing other green teas, this one has come out less often, because I enjoy variety in my teas, but it's still a floral, fruity treat.

Jul 11th, '11, 19:56

by sherubtse » Jul 11th, '11, 19:56

Chasm wrote:Chiran sencha from O-cha. Yum. I recently shared it with someone from Japan, who then made me some other sencha from Chiran.
The Chiran is on the short list for my next O-Cha order. So your comments are welcome. :)

Bets wishes,
sherubtse

Jul 13th, '11, 17:42

by brlarson » Jul 13th, '11, 17:42

I just finished infusion five of Zencha's Ultimate shincha. Mmmmm ... delicious!

Jul 14th, '11, 21:49

by nickE » Jul 14th, '11, 21:49

iannon wrote:
nickE wrote:Drinking more of the only Sencha I have on hand (soon to be remedied by the OTTI :mrgreen: ), Maiko's Shincha Kinari. This tea is really finicky and comes out different every time I have it. Or maybe I just suck at brewing Sencha? :lol:
I have had pretty good/consistent luck with Kinari. I have got it the last 3 years or so. I personally use lower temps and longer steeps with Kinari. like 150-155 and 90 sec first steep.
Thanks Ian. Tried it at 150F yesterday (I was at 160F for 1st steep before) it definitely seemed to brew easier. The flavors were less sharp and there was some fruitiness in the aftertaste I hadn't noticed before. The main flavor, steamed veggies, was magnified as well.

Jul 15th, '11, 01:05

by strickmr » Jul 15th, '11, 01:05

sherubtse wrote:
Chasm wrote:Chiran sencha from O-cha. Yum. I recently shared it with someone from Japan, who then made me some other sencha from Chiran.
The Chiran is on the short list for my next O-Cha order. So your comments are welcome. :)

Bets wishes,
sherubtse
I have the Chiran in my current TeaStock. It is absolutely delicious, especially for the price.

Jul 15th, '11, 01:07

by strickmr » Jul 15th, '11, 01:07

sherubtse wrote:

Bets wishes,
sherubtse
The Chiran is currently in my TeaStock. It's absolutely delicious, especially for the price.

+ Post Reply