Apr 29th, '11, 10:43

Re: Tea (green) and nutrient absorption: what's the truth?

by hopeofdawn » Apr 29th, '11, 10:43

I also use an infuser thermos, though mine has a removable steeping basket at the top. So I can steep, then pull my leaves out and keep the basket in a disposable paper cup for later infusions. Best of both worlds!

(though I do miss not being able to use my pretty teaware at work ... :oops: )

Apr 30th, '11, 01:47

by aay321 » Apr 30th, '11, 01:47

Lordflas... wrote: I've always wondered if I'm getting the same amount of nutrient from the green tea using these methods without heat.
Don't take my word as the complete and undeniable truth, but according to my professor (who I will not mention on the forum for privacy reasons, though PM me if you'd like to know his name and affiliation), cold steeping does release most of the beneficial nutrients if left to steep for a day or two. Just don't leave it outside, otherwise the oxidation will let those microscopic critters grow faster :twisted:

Apr 30th, '11, 21:33

by LordFlashHeart » Apr 30th, '11, 21:33

aay321 wrote: Don't take my word as the complete and undeniable truth, but according to my professor (who I will not mention on the forum for privacy reasons, though PM me if you'd like to know his name and affiliation), cold steeping does release most of the beneficial nutrients if left to steep for a day or two. Just don't leave it outside, otherwise the oxidation will let those microscopic critters grow faster :twisted:
I know better than to leave my cold brew teas outside of the fridge as I've heard some horror stories over the "sun tea" method.

+ Post Reply