Need green tea suggestions

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jan 6th, '15, 21:34

Need green tea suggestions

by Rosaria » Jan 6th, '15, 21:34

I am hoping to find more tea to thoroughly enjoy in the green category. I have quite a collection of white teas and my favorite green tea is kai hua crescendo. Love the light teas with a little floral.

I have also had matcha in the way of a small table-top Japanese tea ceremony at my college and have had low grade sencha. The matcha was delicious.

Any recommendations would be helpful and don't mind branching out to completely different flavors. Thanks ahead of time!

Jan 6th, '15, 21:47

Re: Need green tea suggestions

by bilochun » Jan 6th, '15, 21:47

anji bai cha

Jan 7th, '15, 08:32

by MEversbergII » Jan 7th, '15, 08:32

Jan 7th, '15, 11:38
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 7th, '15, 11:38

A lot depends on what origin's green tea you feel like exploring. China, Japan, India, Taiwan are areas that are relatively readily available and can be affordable as well even when buying relatively good quality.

If you want to explore Chinese greens, a site like teaspring.com will give you a lot of interesting selections to choose from. This is where I did my Chinese green exploring.

Japanese greens, pick a site such as o-cha.com, denstea.com, zencha.net, or zenhodo.com and explore different types of sencha, gyokuro, etc.

India (I prefer darjeeling greens over assam) and Taiwan ... maybe someone could make vendor recommendations.

Jan 8th, '15, 13:24

by MEversbergII » Jan 8th, '15, 13:24

How's the quality on TeaSpring? There's quite a selection, and the shipping's cheap cheap. I may check them out for my next Chinese style order, instead of Seven Cups.

M.

Jan 8th, '15, 13:37
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 8th, '15, 13:37

MEversbergII wrote:How's the quality on TeaSpring? There's quite a selection, and the shipping's cheap cheap. I may check them out for my next Chinese style order, instead of Seven Cups.

M.
It has been 5 years since I ordered from them, but I thought at the time that the quality was better then any other vendor of Chinese greens I had tried.

Jan 8th, '15, 19:06

by JRS22 » Jan 8th, '15, 19:06

I also began with Teaspring because of the low shipping rate. Then I moved on to Jing TS and Seven Cups, which I thought were better. Now I buy all my chinese greens and whites from Tea Trekker. I think the quality has gone up the last few years (or perhaps the difference is due to improved brewing technique), and the prices are lower than Seven Cups. They ship via Priority Mail from Massacusetts, and I've usually received the tea 2 days after ordering. Since you're on the east coast you'll receive the tea in a few days for less than $6. I'm on my second package of Buddhas Tea, which is similar to An Ji Bai Cha.

Jan 9th, '15, 08:25

by MEversbergII » Jan 9th, '15, 08:25

Thanks for the TeaTrekker lead. We ought to create some kind of map / list of retailers. The Vendor thread's a little hard to look through. I'm in a "order darker teas" mood as of late, so TeaSpring and TeaTrekker are giving me quite a lot of things to consider, that's for sure.

M.

Jan 11th, '15, 00:05

by Rosaria » Jan 11th, '15, 00:05

Thanks for all the recommendations and leads to new companies! Will be ordering some within a week.

As for countries, I do tend to like the Chinese teas the best but have tried Japanese and liked it as well. I am in exploration mode, all tea is good tea. Any tea not cared for goes out to friends that may suit their preference. Can't wait to try some new tea!

Jan 13th, '15, 01:59

by bagua7 » Jan 13th, '15, 01:59

Quality Longjing/dragon well and also Qing Cheng Xue Ya/Qing Cheng snow bud.

Two more to add to the first two, I started drinking just now:

Yang Yan Gou Qing
Xin Yang Mao Jian

Top stuff.

+ Post Reply