Oct 15th, '06, 02:12
Scrolling: scrolling

What has been your favorite green tea this harvest year?

by Chip » Oct 15th, '06, 02:12

We have had a great TEA harvest for greens this year...what has your favorite green tea been this harvest year????

For me, it has been a great year for Japanese green tea. But my favorite has been fukamushi sencha from Uji Japan. I have struggled for 7 years to find great Japanese tea...it has been a priority every year. This was the year that I finally found several great sources for the best sencha and gyokuru I have ever had.

Oct 31st, '06, 14:27

by Warden Andy » Oct 31st, '06, 14:27

I haven't tried many green teas from this year, but my favorites are Wuyi Bian cha, and long jing (of course).
Super elite tea facist....

Oct 31st, '06, 15:58

by Proinsias » Oct 31st, '06, 15:58

Many, many nice greens.

Nice pre-ming longjing & fantastic dao fuo longjing, wild monkey king, Mao Jian.

The mao jian may be my favourite, but the most memorable was a small amount of wild ku ding I procured. I have finished my stash and one of my friends with the last known 100 or so grams from that batch has been elevated to best friend status.

On another note I really didn't take to Kai Hua Long Ding , bloody weird tasting stuff. I might try it again in year or two when I can give it a fair trial. Has anyone else got a taste for this, apparently it's big in Germany but then so is David Hasselhoff.

Oct 31st, '06, 18:39

by Chip » Oct 31st, '06, 18:39

Proinsias wrote:Many, many nice greens.

Nice pre-ming longjing & fantastic dao fuo longjing, wild monkey king, Mao Jian.

The mao jian may be my favourite, but the most memorable was a small amount of wild ku ding I procured. I have finished my stash and one of my friends with the last known 100 or so grams from that batch has been elevated to best friend status.

On another note I really didn't take to Kai Hua Long Ding , bloody weird tasting stuff. I might try it again in year or two when I can give it a fair trial. Has anyone else got a taste for this, apparently it's big in Germany but then so is David Hasselhoff.
Long Jing will always be either #1 or 2 for me and this year I truly had the best lj's ever. I completely changed all my sources this year...#1 insisting on harvest info being readily available and #2 demanding simply higher quality tea. It has paid major dividends in all greens and particularly LJ's and Senchas.

The Kai Hua Long Ding you mention...perhaps our sources are different. I ordered 50 grams when 06 became available and actually reordered. I have 2 50 gram bags in the TEAfridge. Certainly not on the level of more expensive teas of the same style, it is still good. A similar style tea, Zhu Ye Qing is infinitely better...have you tried it?

Nov 10th, '06, 12:19

by TeaFanatic » Nov 10th, '06, 12:19

Yes I'd have to go with long jing, but even during bad harvests, it is still really good!
"Make tea not war"

Favorites: Sencha, Dragonwell, White Monkey, Silver Needle, Gyokuro, Kukicha, Darjeeling

+ Post Reply