Recommendation to buy a bag large of matcha..

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Dec 27th, '15, 05:54

Recommendation to buy a bag large of matcha..

by Pablo » Dec 27th, '15, 05:54

Hello everyone

I want to buy a large bag of Matcha and I´m hesitating between two options:
http://www.hibiki-an.com/product_info.p ... ts_id/1007

http://www.maiko.ne.jp/english/shopping/maccha.htm,
Maccha "Kotobuki"
Peso neto
200 g (7,05 oz) de caddie

I have tasted some teas of maiko and hibiki-an and I find it to be quite a nice teas
These are the best matcha that they offer,
please ,What do you recommend?
If you know any other store that has a good deal,I wish to hear your recommendations,

Thanks very much

Dec 27th, '15, 17:31

recommendation to buy a bag large of matcha..

by PAQF » Dec 27th, '15, 17:31

How much matcha do drink per day?.

I would not recommend a large bag of matcha for personal use unless is for cooking. In my experience matcha powder is quite delicate and can easily deteriorate (oxidise?), and even beeping careful it won't stay fresh for more than a couple of weeks.

In the long run it is cheaper and more enjoyable to buy several small cans (20-40 grams) of a tea you like,.

Dec 27th, '15, 18:22

Re: recommendation to buy a bag large of matcha..

by GeorgeGR » Dec 27th, '15, 18:22

While you can't go wrong with Hibiki-an's selection, I would agree with the above poster that it's usually not common to purchase such a large amount.

Dec 28th, '15, 00:58
Scrolling: scrolling

by bliss » Dec 28th, '15, 00:58

GeorgeGR wrote:I would agree with the above poster that it's usually not common to purchase such a large amount.
Unless you want to use it for cooking/baking. In which case you want lower quality matcha.

Dec 28th, '15, 12:06

by Pablo » Dec 28th, '15, 12:06

I usually drink 100 or 120 grams per month between my wife and me.
The reason is the lower price, mainly and I want to taste the best possible quality of matcha,thanks

Dec 29th, '15, 05:57

by Tsubo » Dec 29th, '15, 05:57

You can also buy from Sankyuen Tea House it's the cheaper price i've ever seen for such quality : 17,71 US $ for 100 grams with the 200 grams can presented above.
I would not recommend a large bag of matcha for personal use unless is for cooking. In my experience matcha powder is quite delicate and can easily deteriorate (oxidise?), and even beeping careful it won't stay fresh for more than a couple of weeks.
You can put matcha in the freezer. You place the large matcha can in a plastic bag and then, when needed, you just take the right amount to fill a smaller container and you replace the largest can in freezer.

If you'll drink the 200 grams in a month, no need to put it to freezer, refrigerator will be enought (but the can must also be put into a plastic bag ).
In the long run it is cheaper
certainly not ... It will be more expensive in small quantities and it's not only valid for tea :wink:

Jan 3rd, '16, 10:51

Re: Recommendation to buy a bag large of matcha..

by Pablo » Jan 3rd, '16, 10:51

Finally,I ´ve bought one large bag of matcha pinnacle of Hibiki-an.

In me next order I want to try the kotobuki of Maiko,Has anyone tried this tea that can to comment about this matcha?

Jan 3rd, '16, 11:53

by hobin » Jan 3rd, '16, 11:53

for me hibiki-an and maiko have got the best matcha so far.
never tried maiko's kotobuki, but I'm sure you can't go wrong. I usually have their matsu no midori which is way cheaper but nevertheless a great tasty matcha with no bitterness at all

Jan 22nd, '16, 15:11

by Pablo » Jan 22nd, '16, 15:11

after I have tasted the matcha pinnacle by hibiki-an ...I have to say that the results were spectacular, I have tried various parameters..3 grams 60 ml water,80º has been extraordinary.
I'm very happy with my purchase ,also I placed an order from maiko 40 grams kotobuki,I think it will be a great matcha also..

Jan 30th, '17, 22:50

by jemjs » Jan 30th, '17, 22:50

the suggestions posted here are all good.
i had bought large(er) quantities of matcha before. i usually divide the package into smaller ziplock bags and place them in a freezer.
when you are ready to use matcha from the freezer, make sure take it out 24-48 hours prior to use. let it sit in a dark, cool, dry place to avoid condensation build-up.
we drink matcha daily, so a small amount (30-40 gr) is kept in an airtight tin can, which is kept in a cool place, ready to be used.
i will not comment much on the quality of hibika-an matcha here, just to say that i ordered organic and premium and kuradashi etc from that store, and they were all underwhelming. overall - meh. that was before - thanks to wonderful advice on this forum - discovering and moving on to good vendors. i found matcha from, for example, o-cha and yunomi much tastier and much better priced.
one more thing: matcha, even properly stored, deteriorates with time. for best tasting matcha, it best to use it as soon as possible after opening the package. enjoy!

+ Post Reply