Japanese Green Tea Fans: Rishi

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 18th, '16, 10:41

Japanese Green Tea Fans: Rishi

by beforewisdom » May 18th, '16, 10:41

This is the second time I've had good results with buying Rishi brand sencha from a Japanese tea shop near my home. I'm not one of those people with super-sensitive taste buds, but this sencha has been as nice as senchas I have gotten directly from Japan via mail order.

I've also seen Rishi brand sencha sold in places like Whole Foods, so it is easily available.

I do not know if the Rishi sencha in big markets is of the same kind sold to tea shops.

Still, if you are out of sencha and waiting on your next shipment from Japan it is worth a try.

Jul 10th, '16, 20:42
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Japanese Green Tea Fans: Rishi

by Chip » Jul 10th, '16, 20:42

beforewisdom wrote:This is the second time I've had good results with buying Rishi brand sencha from a Japanese tea shop near my home. I'm not one of those people with super-sensitive taste buds, but this sencha has been as nice as senchas I have gotten directly from Japan via mail order.

I've also seen Rishi brand sencha sold in places like Whole Foods, so it is easily available.

I do not know if the Rishi sencha in big markets is of the same kind sold to tea shops.

Still, if you are out of sencha and waiting on your next shipment from Japan it is worth a try.
I am moving this to Green Tea.

Recommendations is for recommendations/suggestions to Adagio.

Best,
Chip

+ Post Reply