Jun 16th, '16, 18:16

Japanese Green Tea or Other High Theanine Tea That Is Kind To Heartburn/Stomachs?

by beforewisdom » Jun 16th, '16, 18:16

Hi,

I've developed some heartburn lately. I am taking care of it, but I noticed that the sencha I drink ( Rishi ) is irritating my stomach/heartburn/throat. I think I developed the heartburn from other things and I am trying to take care of it.

Is there another Japanese green tea or other high theanine green tea that isn't so acidy, that is easy on the stomach?

Thanks

Steve
Last edited by beforewisdom on Jun 20th, '16, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

Jun 16th, '16, 22:44

Re: Japanese Green Tea or Other High Theanine Tea That Is Kind To Heartburn/Stomachs?

by Bok » Jun 16th, '16, 22:44

beforewisdom wrote:Hi,

I've developed some heartburn lately. I am taking care of it, but I noticed that the sencha I have ( Rishi ) is irritating my stomach/heartburn/throat. I think developed the heartburn from other things and am trying to take care of it.

Is there another Japanese green tea or other high theanine green tea that isn't so acidy, that is easy on the stomach?

Thanks

Steve
I’ve found most Japanese greens to not be easy on the stomach.
Probably in the nature of very green tea. Chinese ones are gentler as they are always a tad oxidised.

Jun 20th, '16, 14:44
Vendor Member

Re: Japanese Green Tea or Other High Theanine Tea That Is Kind To Heartburn/Stomachs?

by jayinhk » Jun 20th, '16, 14:44

I agree with Bok--Chinese greens are easier on the tummy for sure. Try a Chinese biluochun or longjing, or my personal choice, a Sanxia (Taiwanese) green tea.

Jun 20th, '16, 14:54

by JRS22 » Jun 20th, '16, 14:54

I have issues with heartburn also. If I want Japanese tea, which I usually crave, I find that karigane is the easiest on my tummy. My favorites are Otsuusan and Asa-giri from O-cha because they are consistently good and have distinctive flavor profiles so they're not boring. The first is sencha based and the second is a gyo. I also use small pots, about 75 ml.

Chinese greens are much easier and I follow up with those.

+ Post Reply