Is it safe to buy tea in aliexpress?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Aug 5th, '17, 13:33

Is it safe to buy tea in aliexpress?

by A1ex » Aug 5th, '17, 13:33

I want buy green tea jasmine pearls.
Is it safe buy in aliexpress?
There is another recommended site to buy tea with not high international shipping?

thanks

Aug 5th, '17, 17:48
Vendor Member

Re: Is it safe to buy tea in aliexpress?

by ethan » Aug 5th, '17, 17:48

PM sent to you about shipping options. I have sister living near you who has found some ways. (Excuse spelling) No comment about aliexpress

Aug 6th, '17, 21:42

by Teasenz » Aug 6th, '17, 21:42

It's not allowed anymore to sell tea on Aliexpress actually. You'll see that there are much less listings as before. Whether it's safe or not, really depends on the seller. It's not Aliexpress themselves selling, but the resellers on the platform.

Why don't you buy from other online sites? You've got Teabox for example when you want Indian tea or our site for Chinese tea https://www.teasenz.com.

Aug 6th, '17, 22:37

by john.b » Aug 6th, '17, 22:37

Reframing this a bit it works well as a more general question: what is the level of risk and what are the specific risks if someone were to buy the least expensive tea they could possibly find from completely random sources? Surely issues related to pesticides and other contaminants would come up, or with regards to chemical flavoring, or storage problems, but roughly what would the range of those issues be like?

I've tasted teas that seem off, some too far off to actually drink, which makes one wonder how good an indicator taste really is related to what gets missed. I could be drinking lead with a tea and would never know it, for example. It would seem impossible to extend that to any final level of risk, to guess at how the range of issues out there relate to one person's possible effects from very regularly drinking randomly sourced tea.

I would expect that if you would seek out the lowest cost alternatives within China and weren't able to evaluate tea types well you wouldn't even be drinking tea a lot of the time, products made from Camellia Sinensis plants.

I don't really have an answer for this type of question, no idea at all. It was something I considered recently when intentionally trying a fake pu'er, something that couldn't possibly have been what it was labeled as, so to some extent it could have been anything. I personally wouldn't source teas in such a way regularly, that was an experiment of sorts.

Aug 7th, '17, 02:05

by Bok » Aug 7th, '17, 02:05

Teasenz wrote: Why don't you buy from other online sites? You've got Teabox for example when you want Indian tea or our site for Chinese tea https://www.teasenz.com.
You should contact the forum admins to get tagged as vendor member, so you don’t run the risk of giving the wrong impression around here :mrgreen:

Anyone with commercial tea interest should be labeled as such.

+ Post Reply