Loose Leaves

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Sep 12th, '17, 02:11

Loose Leaves

by thunderpanths » Sep 12th, '17, 02:11

Hi,

I like to drink loose green tea but I found that the leaves tend to disintegrate while brewing. Like you could see tiny particle (not tea dust) in the Tea water.

Is it normal?

Thanks

Sep 12th, '17, 14:26

Re: Loose Leaves

by Senlin » Sep 12th, '17, 14:26

thunderpanths wrote: Hi,

I like to drink loose green tea but I found that the leaves tend to disintegrate while brewing. Like you could see tiny particle (not tea dust) in the Tea water.

Is it normal?

Thanks
Hi Thunderpants :)

Depending on the grade of your tea, it is quite normal to have leave fragments. It comes from its processing. The higher the grade, the less amount of fragments you have (in theory...). Some use a filter while pouring tea in their pitcher or cup, other rince their teas.
I would personally recommend the first solution, for I'm not fond of rinsing good quality green teas. But if your tea is not organic and from a low or intermediate grace, rinsing is always a good idea.

I hope it helped you !
Senlin

Sep 13th, '17, 17:24

by entropyembrace » Sep 13th, '17, 17:24

Yes, completely normal. Even high quality twisted whole leaf teas will produce tea with some suspended particles.

Sep 15th, '17, 23:54

by brlarson » Sep 15th, '17, 23:54

For some teas those tiny tea particles may add magical flavors to your brew, while for others they can muddy the taste. So you might want to use filtering as a last resort.

+ Post Reply