Feb 20th, '08, 19:04
Posts: 282
Joined: Feb 11th, '08

how many cups of gyokuro have you had in one day?

by inspectoring » Feb 20th, '08, 19:04

After making a double strength matcha in the morning today I went on to a mission to taste all the gyokuro teas I have. 1st was about 3/12 month old teavana...tasted like crap...then ito-en - absolutely devine ...and now a freshest of the day - a cup of Harney - again - absolute joy.....

contemplating if I should go for the 4th cup...aaahh...that sweet vegetal fresh taste that I come to realize is in fact nothing short of a holy grail of green tea.....

sometimes I can't help but feel that those who have not tasted such a delicious drink. I wish I can COMPEL each and every one on this forum to at least try one proper cup.
I think after my fourth cup I will create a thread outlining simple steps involved in making such a beautiful tea....

User avatar
Feb 20th, '08, 19:45
Posts: 481
Joined: Feb 10th, '08

Re: how many cups of gyokuro have you had in one day?

by RussianSoul » Feb 20th, '08, 19:45

inspectoring wrote:I think after my fourth cup I will create a thread outlining simple steps involved in making such a beautiful tea....

I think it's a great idea. I am looking forward to your thread.

Feb 20th, '08, 21:09
Posts: 282
Joined: Feb 11th, '08

by inspectoring » Feb 20th, '08, 21:09

yep...went on to the fourth one...aaahhh...didn't want to open up my newly arrived stash of Hibiki-an so I went on with the fourth cup of harney....

This is really getting out of hand...gotta do something...

Feb 20th, '08, 23:01
Posts: 1996
Joined: Jan 14th, '08
Location: CA
Contact: Pentox

by Pentox » Feb 20th, '08, 23:01

inspectoring wrote:This is really getting out of hand...gotta do something...


Yeah, order more gyo!

User avatar
Feb 21st, '08, 01:40
Posts: 3368
Joined: Feb 8th, '08
Location: France

Re: how many cups of gyokuro have you had in one day?

by olivierco » Feb 21st, '08, 01:40

inspectoring wrote:how many cups of gyokuro have you had in one day?

Sometimes I have two gyokuros in one day, but no more than two, because I have only two gyokuro packages open at the same time in order to have it as fresh as possible.
As a top grade gyokuro gives five good steeps, ten cups in one day is a max for me.

Feb 24th, '08, 01:33
Posts: 282
Joined: Feb 11th, '08

Re: how many cups of gyokuro have you had in one day?

by inspectoring » Feb 24th, '08, 01:33

olivierco wrote:
inspectoring wrote:how many cups of gyokuro have you had in one day?

Sometimes I have two gyokuros in one day, but no more than two, because I have only two gyokuro packages open at the same time in order to have it as fresh as possible.
As a top grade gyokuro gives five good steeps, ten cups in one day is a max for me.

how do you store your gyokuro - especially the unopened sealed bags?
Some recommend that I can store them in a refridgerator as long as they are not opened and are sealed. Once opened, the recommendation is to keep it in air tight steel cans and store them at room temperature. Correct?

User avatar
Feb 24th, '08, 02:41
Posts: 3368
Joined: Feb 8th, '08
Location: France

Re: how many cups of gyokuro have you had in one day?

by olivierco » Feb 24th, '08, 02:41

inspectoring wrote:how do you store your gyokuro - especially the unopened sealed bags?
Some recommend that I can store them in a refridgerator as long as they are not opened and are sealed. Once opened, the recommendation is to keep it in air tight steel cans and store them at room temperature. Correct?

Correct.

+ Post Reply