Don't hurt me - what is the big deal about shincha?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Apr 25th, '08, 01:40

Don't hurt me - what is the big deal about shincha?

by inspectoring » Apr 25th, '08, 01:40

As I said....go easy guys.
I have recently migrated from Chinese to Japanese teas and I mostly I have tried Gyokuro and Dens (sencha zuiko) and few others(Rishi - kagoshima, Nishi etc). I remember last year when i heard all the commotion about the 2007 sincha. I always wondered what is so different about sincha?
Is it more vegetal than Gyokuro?
I have planned on ordering some of the sincha from Den's but are there more than one kind of sincha?
Thanks for the guidance guys... Chip - watch out dude...in my research I read about your addiction to kagoshima (rishi)...I don't want to end up in that position but I think by trying various gyokuro - I may already be there.... :)

Thank you guys.. and I hope I did not offend anyone...just trying to learn more... :)

Apr 25th, '08, 01:54
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Apr 25th, '08, 01:54

Shincha is as much a celebration of Spring as it is about new harvest...blah blah blah...lies, partly.

This is simply the freshest tasting sencha (mostly sencha) you will ever have. It is sometimes described as more intence than simply first flush sencha.

It has been processed slightly differently as well as sencha one can get year round.

This time of year, you can choose, should I buy year old sencha or should I buy the freshest sencha on the planet??? Seems easy to answer.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Apr 25th, '08, 02:07

Re: Don't hurt me - what is the big deal about shincha?

by tenuki » Apr 25th, '08, 02:07

inspectoring wrote: I hope I did not offend anyone.
Ya, these green tea guys are pretty easily offended when it comes to questions, smart of you to ask for them not to bully you.

Sencha = grass clippings
Shincha = very fresh grass clippings.

(this is a joke inspectoring - I like giving sencha lovers a hard time. ;)

+ Post Reply