but...but...I don't like it, help LOL

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jun 7th, '05, 17:02
Mod/Admin

but...but...I don't like it, help LOL

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:02

I am reading all about how wonderful green tea is for you and I definitely need to drink it for health benefits, trouble is I don't like it! I'm convinced to get my 'medicine' down one way or the other but does anyone have any tips for adapting to, and making green tea perhaps a little more palatable? I've tried the cocomint and the apricot, and as much as I love mint and chocolate I find that the apricot was my favorite of the two. I can't drink 'spiced' teas because my stomach doesn't like the spices.

Oh great tea geniuses Adagio, help a damsel in distress, please!

Drowning my sorrows in green tea and longing for black/cinnamon,
Ro

Jun 7th, '05, 17:02
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:02

Thanks for the post.

Before we begin the procedure, I've got to make sure that you're preparing the tea correctly. Green tea is very delicate, so preparing it wrong can be disastrous.

The trick to steeping green tea correctly comes in three parts: time, temperature and volume.

Using too much tea will make your tea bitter and your wallet empty. Too little tea will bring a weak cup and a sense of longing. The volume that is considered the "golden ratio" of leaves to water is one and a half to two teaspoon of leaves per cup of water.

The ideal temperature for which to steep depends on the tea. It's important to use cooler (180F) water when steeping more delicate (green) teas. Remember to not over-steep, or the tea will taste bitter.

They say that "time heals all wounds." However, it also makes most teas turn bitter. For green tea, a little TLC must be employed, steeping for only 3 minutes.

Looking forward to helping further! Please verify that this is all being done correctly.

Your White Tea Knight,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Jun 7th, '05, 17:03
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:03

Thank you, Sir Steeps-alot!

I am thrilled to report that the IngenuiTea teapot that just arrived is going to save me from myself! I made sure not to overheat the water or oversteep the tea and using the special pot with the filter built in made all the difference. I drank two cups of Apricot Green with only a hint of sugar in it; and I liked it! I must have been messing with the system somehow, I think my trouble was too hot water and not a good enough strainer (the tea infuser I got at the store still let a few leaves through).

The IngenuiTea is the best and I appreciate the info! I thank you for coming to my rescue and hope to do the same in the future for other would be green tea drinkers!

Sincerely,
The new Queen of Green Tea
Ro

Mod/Admin

Thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear this story has a happy ending. Please let me know if there's anything else i can do.

Will gladly,

Chris
Adagio Maestro

Mod/Admin

I sell Morrocan Mint Tea made with Imperial Gunpowder tea my from my store in Bremerton, Washington,and through my web site www.specialteapots.com. You can mix any number of herbs with your tea depending on your personal taste. I find the water temperature as well as the grade of tea has a great deal to do with the taste of the tea. Most people like the taste of Jasmine in their green tea. Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl is a universal hit with most of my customers.
Jill
Owner SpecialTea Pots

Jun 7th, '05, 17:04
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:04

I would also like to mention, You can cook with green tea. Use it with the beef stock in your,soup,or stew and with the water in a roast. Check our my web site for a detailed version
http://www.specialteapots.com/services. ... =Mesh+Bags.
Although I am out of the mesh bags, perhaps the recipe itself will help.
Jill C
SpecialTea Pots

Mod/Admin

I AM 12 YEARS OLD AND MY FRIENDS AND I HAVE TO DO A REPORT ON JAPAN AND I KNOW THAT YOU DO ALOT OF STUFF WITH THE KIND OF TEA THAT THEY USE IN JAPAN FOR THE SACRED TEA CEREMONIES. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THEY ARE ABLE TO MIX TEAS OR IF IT IS POSSIBLE? IF ANYONE CAN ANSWER MY QUESTION I WILL BE GLAD AND VERY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP. AND IS THERE ANYWAY POSSIBLE THAT A TEA CAN HELP WITH WAIT LOSS IF SO WHAT KIND??

Samantha Baumgardner

Mod/Admin

I have a friend who has trouble with wait could you tell me what sort will help?

Samantha Baumgardner

Jun 7th, '05, 17:05
Mod/Admin

by teachat » Jun 7th, '05, 17:05

hi samantha!
If your friend drinks soda or water, maybe have her try to drink one cup of tea a day instead. In China they say that oolong tea is the best for losing weight (and they're really skinny)... can't hurt to try! If you're still doing a report on Japan, a cool place to go is www.epals.com and you can get a japanese penpal to tell you a little about what they know :o

kellian

+ Post Reply