Good Matcha Starter Set?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Dec 31st, '08, 17:57

by Pentox » Dec 31st, '08, 17:57

britt wrote: My point was that in spite of my two complaints with Maiko's Chiyo Mukashi, 40 grams of consumable koicha for $20 is a good deal.
That is a good deal, now if only we could use their cached exchange rate from 3/6/08.

Jan 1st, '09, 04:41

by Jack_teachat » Jan 1st, '09, 04:41

tjkoko wrote:What's the purpose of the tea cloth in this and other tea sets?
I believe the cloth is meant for the tea ceremony and is used wipe the rim of the chawan before it is passed to the next person. So yes, basically it is not really needed unless you are planning on doing a proper ceremony.

:D

Jan 2nd, '09, 00:06

by Pentox » Jan 2nd, '09, 00:06

Jack_teachat wrote:
tjkoko wrote:What's the purpose of the tea cloth in this and other tea sets?
I believe the cloth is meant for the tea ceremony and is used wipe the rim of the chawan before it is passed to the next person. So yes, basically it is not really needed unless you are planning on doing a proper ceremony.

:D
There's actually a few different cloths I believe. And paper for sweets. I think they're referring to the cloth held by the host not the guest. Her matchaness would know for sure though.

Jan 3rd, '09, 11:45

Re: Good Matcha Starter Set?

by Shelob » Jan 3rd, '09, 11:45

heatwaves wrote:I'm asking for a matcha starter set this christmas and I'd like to be able to point my wife in the right direction. I looked at O-Cha and their sets are all on the pricey side ($150). Any ideas? I'm hoping to find a capable set around $40-50.Many thanks, teaheads!
Heatwaves, just love that avatar 8)

Did you get one for Christmas??? I did and it is from O-Cha and I love it. Let us know what you decided.
Have a FAB TeaDay Everyone!

Jan 3rd, '09, 18:54

Good matcha professional set?

by Ti » Jan 3rd, '09, 18:54

'What is a good matcha starter set' begs the question of 'what is a good matcha professional set'?

So, if you could get the ultimate matcha set, what would it be?

+ Post Reply