Dieter's green tea

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Dec 2nd, '08, 13:40

Dieter's green tea

by Rachelle » Dec 2nd, '08, 13:40

I'm new to the whole green tea experience. I actually was apprehensive about trying it I heard mixed things. And well I tried to today and wanted to research it and its benefits and came across this site. Well I am interested in the dieter's green tea and i wanted to know where can I buy it? I live in Texas and wanted to know local grocery stores? where? If someone could let me know I'd appreciate it.

Thank you... :)

Dec 2nd, '08, 14:46

by Oni » Dec 2nd, '08, 14:46

Easy cowboy, this is not the local saloon. You barge in guns blazin` and expect us to know some tea named after a german.

Dec 2nd, '08, 15:00
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 2nd, '08, 15:00

:shock:

While Oni is holding down the fort ... 8)

Welcome Rachelle to the forum.

You ask a tough question. There is some question regarding the validity of claims regarding a so called dieters' tea. Unflavored tea without additives can't hurt, but can it truly help?

I just am not too convinced. Simply consuming tea is not going to help anyone lose weight all by itself, there has to be other changes. Often tea helps promote these changes. For instance drinking tea all day verses sweetened beverages is a positve change. For some, it may help to suppress appetite, but this could again simply be due to substituting tea for food.

Dec 2nd, '08, 15:43

by Space Samurai » Dec 2nd, '08, 15:43

Hello Rachelle. :D Welcome to the forum, and I hope we can help you.

May I ask where abouts do you live in Texas. If you are near a Whole Foods or a Central Market they are your best bets for finding good/decent tea in a brick and mortar store.

A side from that, the Internet is going to be your best option for tea, but I understand that that can be overwhelming at first.

Dec 2nd, '08, 16:57

by silverneedles » Dec 2nd, '08, 16:57

Dec 2nd, '08, 22:03

by TaiPing Hou Kui » Dec 2nd, '08, 22:03

Welcome Rachelle! I have seen/heard/read about these so called "diet" green teas in both loose and already brewed form. In my tea drinker and scientific opinion, which I, as well as others would probably consider pretty decent....., these teas are a load of money making schemes. They add a few chemicals and things of that nature that really arent that good for you in the first place, call it "diet" and upcharge you a few bucks and make a profit. As Chip and others will tell you you cant eat cake, butter, chips, etc. all day long and drink a cup of tea and expect to be the healthiest, buffest person out there. Tea is a miracle drink, but not like that. Where you could see a real difference is if you cut out soft drinks and drank tea instead, etc. As far as weight loss goes, I dont feel you will get any further drinking tea than water, but tea has many other aded benefits with its anti-oxidant powers, etc. that will aid in your overall health and well being. Anyway, I hope this helps!

-Nick (TaiPing)

Dec 3rd, '08, 04:15

by ABx » Dec 3rd, '08, 04:15

From what I've read, there may be some real and tangible benefits of tea for weight loss, but only if you're doing everything else as well. Basically if you are eating right and exercising, then tea may be able to speed things along a bit, but just drinking tea alone will not make anyone lose weight. These benefits were even an improvement over those getting equivalent caffeine from other sources.

Silverneedles' link is also a good one. Those boxes of teabags labeled "Dieter's [Green] Tea" are just herbal laxatives, which are a really bad way to try to lose weight. From what I've heard, laxatives aren't particularly effective but can cause all sorts of problems.

You would be a lot better off with a good quality green tea with nothing added. Keep in mind that real green tea is naturally sweet and shouldn't be either bitter or astringent, so you shouldn't need to add anything to the tea after it's brewed either. Pretty much all the tea in teabags are stale, which is what makes them taste bitter, astringent, and sometimes papery.

Something to consider is that even though tea won't burn pounds while you watch tv, I've often found that drinking tea seriously often leads people to a healthier lifestyle. I've found that it can naturally reduce or eliminate the need for sugar, gives more engery (long term as well as short term), lifts mood, and generally opens people to more natural tastes (as opposed to wanting processed junk food, carbs, sugar, etc). It's also a lot of fun to get into tea and explore what all the leaf can provide without needing additives like artificial scents or flavors, and it's one that can provide a long list of benefits in many ways - it's something that's equally fun, rewarding, and very good for you!

Dec 4th, '08, 11:48

by Kai » Dec 4th, '08, 11:48

Oni wrote:Easy cowboy, this is not the local saloon. You barge in guns blazin` and expect us to know some tea named after a german.
Well, do you know Dieter or not? Should we check in Fredricksburg or Luckenbach?

:wink:

Dec 4th, '08, 12:44

by Oni » Dec 4th, '08, 12:44

He must be a WW2 veteran, Willie Nelson said he knew him.

Dec 4th, '08, 20:20

by devites » Dec 4th, '08, 20:20

Abx said it best. Their is no such thing as dieters tea and if anything I would say Puerh as it supposedly helps you digest food better. Don't let this deter you. Some of the effects of tea drinking that I have found:
-Better skin (i.e. healthier glow)
-Better breath
-Organic lifestyle (I care what I put into my body)
-Better focus
-Calmer/relaxed/happier

Dec 5th, '08, 11:47

by Pentox » Dec 5th, '08, 11:47

and most importantly:
Placebo Effect.

Dec 5th, '08, 11:56

by Salsero » Dec 5th, '08, 11:56

Pentox wrote:Placebo
Mmm, my drug of choice. :lol:

+ Post Reply