New to Green Tea with questions

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Dec 27th, '08, 11:06

New to Green Tea with questions

by maxiepsp » Dec 27th, '08, 11:06

What a wonderful site! I am a long time lurker and decided to jump in and post. I am new to the world of tea. I am mostly a tea bag drinker, gasp I know lol. I have purchased a few loose teas from Adagio and so far love it! I wanted to know if a flavored Green Tea is as good for you healthwise as plain Green, and also if I add a little honey or sugar, does that subtract from the health benefits?

Dec 27th, '08, 11:27
Scrolling: scrolling

by Proinsias » Dec 27th, '08, 11:27

Welcome to TeaChat maxiepsp.

In my experience flavoured green tea tends to use lower quality leaf than just plain old green in a similar price range. I wouldn't think the addition of sweeteners would detract from any health benefits in the tea - just consider if the sweetener you are using is likely to be of any health benefit to you by itself.

I prefer unflavoured, unsweetened green tea. If you get nice fresh tea and practice your brewing you can get a really nice cup of tea without any extras.

Dec 27th, '08, 11:34
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Dec 27th, '08, 11:34

Often newbies gravitate towards flavors. I know I did, then I had good unflavored and never looked back, except to see all the flavored teas I was not drinking. :oops: But others simply like flavored teas regardless.

Be willing to experiment, samplers are great for that.

Welcome to the forum by the way!!! Please join us on TeaDay and share what is in your cup today.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Dec 27th, '08, 13:39

by omegapd » Dec 27th, '08, 13:39

Healthwise, don't worry about it. Even the tea bag stuff will still give you the anti-oxidants...

What flavored teas have you tried? I like to push the Apricot Green from Adagio. It's probably my favorite flavored tea from them...

Welcome to the forum!

EW

+ Post Reply