Chinese Green Teas from eBay Vendors

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jan 10th, '09, 22:38

Chinese Green Teas from eBay Vendors

by PolyhymnianMuse » Jan 10th, '09, 22:38

Alright, So I know this is a somewhat common question that pops up every once and awhile, Im sure there are a good number of threads that have fallen into the archives about this, so maybe this would be a good sticky as I see the green tea section is working on doing a bit of organization. :D

Anyway, I'm wondering who has tried any of the greens from the various vendors on eBay, what you thought about it, would you purchase again, etc.

I know a lot of you will also say to not even bother with the greens from any of the tea vendors of ebay, even those from the more well known, but humor me :)

Jan 10th, '09, 22:54
Scrolling: scrolling

by Salsero » Jan 10th, '09, 22:54

I had a superb Long Jing from Dragon Tea House earlier this year. Some of the Yunnan Sourcing Yunnan greens have received very good reviews as great, low-cost everyday greens.

Jan 11th, '09, 20:36

by PolyhymnianMuse » Jan 11th, '09, 20:36

Salsero wrote:I had a superb Long Jing from Dragon Tea House earlier this year. Some of the Yunnan Sourcing Yunnan greens have received very good reviews as great, low-cost everyday greens.
Do you remember which one it was Sal? Seems they have 4 diff ones...

Premium, Superfine, Supreme, and Nonpareil (in order of cheapest to most expensive.)

Jan 11th, '09, 22:13

by Salsero » Jan 11th, '09, 22:13

Nonpareil was fantastic, but the superfine was also good.

At this point in the year, however, I think I would wait until the spring harvest rather than shell out big money for tea that's nearly a year old. The Chinese don't have the freshness technology that the Japanese have.

Jan 11th, '09, 22:21

by PolyhymnianMuse » Jan 11th, '09, 22:21

Salsero wrote:At this point in the year, however, I think I would wait until the spring harvest rather than shell out big money for tea that's nearly a year old. The Chinese don't have the freshness technology that the Japanese have.
That had been a thought of mine, I'll probably wait to see when the next harvest comes and then sample a few of the greens from both DTH and YSLLC. I know freshness is always the priority when it comes to green teas so I would assume EMS would be the ideal way to have them shipped.

Jan 11th, '09, 22:28

by Salsero » Jan 11th, '09, 22:28

I don't know if EMS is required. I would definitely give TeaSpring a try also. They have fine greens, you can order pretty small samples, and packages arrive quicker for some reason from TeaSpring.

Jan 11th, '09, 22:33

by PolyhymnianMuse » Jan 11th, '09, 22:33

Salsero wrote:I don't know if EMS is required. I would definitely give TeaSpring a try also. They have fine greens, you can order pretty small samples, and packages arrive quicker for some reason from TeaSpring.
I've had a few other people recommend Teaspring to me, I'll have to give them a go around with a few samples too :)

Jan 11th, '09, 22:52

by Chip » Jan 11th, '09, 22:52

+1 for TeaSpring. The greens are generally pretty good, fast delivery, and small amount options. I have had almost every LJ on their menu. Pretty good. Even the every day offering is good.

I have thus far been ebay TeaPhobic, but I need to give DTH a shot.

Jan 12th, '09, 10:21

Group Buy for teas

by JAS-eTea Guy » Jan 12th, '09, 10:21

I have held off on ordering any green tea until after the spring harvest. Post harvest, I will be doing a group buy for green, white, and a number of pu-erh teas from YSLLC. If you have some preferences and quantities desired, PM me and I will start tracking in a spreadsheet.

+ Post Reply