Anyone buy from www.thejapanesegreenteashop.com?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Jan 26th, '09, 12:39

Anyone buy from www.thejapanesegreenteashop.com?

by TaiPing Hou Kui » Jan 26th, '09, 12:39

just wondering if anyone has had any positve, negative, or neutral experiences with http://www.thejapanesegreenteashop.com? They seem to have some decent looking things as well as listing the harvest date of the teas and what type of tea bush they came from etc? Thanks!

-Nick

Jan 26th, '09, 12:45

by Pentox » Jan 26th, '09, 12:45

On my list of vendors to try this year, I know Chip has tried theirs.

Jan 26th, '09, 13:34
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jan 26th, '09, 13:34

Pentox wrote:On my list of vendors to try this year, I know Chip has tried theirs.
Who, me???

I have just tried a few of their offerings. The Yabe sencha, which is a chumushi more or less, was very good. The Tenho Fukamushi was very mild, but we are talking about organics. Plus I feel some fukamushi tends to begin to fade a little come the new year. I have always felt this, maybe a 5-10% drop off, barely noticeable. But this makes shincha all the better. :wink:

The Yame Matcha was a good 20 USD matcha. It is simply not going to compare to significantly higher grades. Had I not just finished a tin of very high grade stuff prior to opening this one ... well it is always hard to move down in levels of quality, very easy to move up! But it is very fresh, full of vibrant color, etc. It is great for everyday enjoyment.

I would be happy to share a sample(s). PM me if interested.
Last edited by Chip on Jan 26th, '09, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

Jan 26th, '09, 14:42

by Salsero » Jan 26th, '09, 14:42

No tea, but I have purchased teaware from them. A good price/value ratio. I really like the tiny kyuusu I bought from them.

Jan 26th, '09, 14:57

by olivierco » Jan 26th, '09, 14:57

Salsero wrote:No tea, but I have purchased teaware from them. A good price/value ratio. I really like the tiny kyuusu I bought from them.
+1

Jan 26th, '09, 17:17

by TaiPing Hou Kui » Jan 26th, '09, 17:17

Thanks guys! All good responses from people whose opinions I consider top notch. I placed an order for some of their organic uji matcha as well as some of their sencha supreme, some tea caddies and a bamboo matcha cannister. Thanks again for your words of wisdom!

-Nick

Jan 26th, '09, 18:39

by Drax » Jan 26th, '09, 18:39

TaiPing Hou Kui wrote:Thanks guys! All good responses from people whose opinions I consider top notch. I placed an order for some of their organic uji matcha as well as some of their sencha supreme, some tea caddies and a bamboo matcha cannister. Thanks again for your words of wisdom!

-Nick
Nice!

I just got my first order from them about a week or two ago. I picked up their matcha starter set as well as the uji matcha (both the midori and the konjo... only tried the midori so far, and really like it as my first matcha). Also picked up the powdered sencha, which works really well as a cold-brew (though a little on the expensive side compared to powdered sencha at other places).

Very fast shipping, all very well packed in the typical Japanese style. I'm sure you'll really enjoy what you picked out! :D

Jan 26th, '09, 22:15

by murrius » Jan 26th, '09, 22:15

I placed my first order with them last month and got two very nice senchas (Shizuoka Sencha Kawane No Kaori and Kagoshima Fukamushi Sencha Tenho). Very pleased.

Jan 27th, '09, 11:24

by Jack_teachat » Jan 27th, '09, 11:24

Not ordered from them but I really like the look of their site! The amount of info they give about each tea is impressive, particularly the harvest details.

I think I will place my next order with them!

p.s I love that pot btw Sal, me thinks I may order one of those also!

Jack :D

Jan 27th, '09, 22:32

by guitar9876 » Jan 27th, '09, 22:32

I've ordered two of their canisters which I love. I also have tried the yabe sencha which i really enjoyed and the midori matcha which was also quite nice. Fast shipping too.

Feb 4th, '09, 11:53

by ryan » Feb 4th, '09, 11:53

I ordered a matcha kit from them as well as some tea. There was an issue with my package not arriving (unrelated to them) and they were polite and helped me figure out what was going on. I eventually received the items and have been enjoying them.

I would recommend this vendor.

Feb 4th, '09, 19:36

by TaiPing Hou Kui » Feb 4th, '09, 19:36

Thanks for all the responses! I received my order from them and am overall pretty pleased......the cannisters I bought work and look great as well as the matcha natsume......the tea on the other hand is decent, but not the greatest......the Yabe Sencha is pretty good but the Uji gyokuro is not one of my favorites....anyway, thank you again for all the responses and info on this shop!

-Nick

+ Post Reply