Maiko "Official" Japanese tea topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Feb 5th, '15, 12:19

Re: Maiko "Official" Japanese tea topic

by kyarazen » Feb 5th, '15, 12:19

Maiko's in Singapore until 12th of February!

Mr Nakabo is extremely friendly.

btw their.. matcha "jam" is... delish! 8) 8) bought a few jars to be given away to friends with sweettooths.

Jun 11th, '15, 04:06

Maiko "Official" Japanese tea topic

by Pig Hog » Jun 11th, '15, 04:06

Just thought I'd say that I encountered some trouble setting up an account but dealt with a chap called Ralph Faerber - I think he deals with international sales or some such - who sorted me out very quickly and gave me a few good recommendations along the way.

Admittedly, I ordered from Matabay (Tea of Japan) before he contacted me but I'm looking forward to ordering from maiko next time.

Jan 29th, '16, 15:50

by Steverino » Jan 29th, '16, 15:50

Maiko's annual thank you sale has started and I was able to get Maacha Matsu no Midori, Kotobuki and Maruyama Sencha. I thought I'd let everyone know. I'm eagerly awaiting delivery. This is my first post but I've been lurking happily. I tend not to post unless I have something useful to add, but I want to thank you all for the education and enjoyment I've gotten on this forum. In the last few months I've bought more tea, teapots, cups and tea bowls than ever before, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. So, again, thank you.

Feb 5th, '16, 22:55

by GeorgeGR » Feb 5th, '16, 22:55

Steverino wrote:Maiko's annual thank you sale has started and I was able to get Maacha Matsu no Midori, Kotobuki and Maruyama Sencha. I thought I'd let everyone know. I'm eagerly awaiting delivery. This is my first post but I've been lurking happily. I tend not to post unless I have something useful to add, but I want to thank you all for the education and enjoyment I've gotten on this forum. In the last few months I've bought more tea, teapots, cups and tea bowls than ever before, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. So, again, thank you.
Have you tried the Maruyama sencha before? If so, is it a vegetal/grassy sencha?

Feb 7th, '16, 01:11

by Steverino » Feb 7th, '16, 01:11

Sorry, I'm trying these teas for the first time but maybe someone else can answer.

Mar 29th, '16, 10:05

by KaiRong » Mar 29th, '16, 10:05

After a lot of Koyamaen, Ippodo and Hibiki-an orders, I had the urge to taste some new vendors. Maiko seemed interesting, so I decided to try their gyokuro. I ordered a Nanzen pack, can't wait to taste it.

Feb 21st, '17, 00:24

by entropyembrace » Feb 21st, '17, 00:24

It's "Thank You Campaign" time again. This is a really good chance to pick up some discounted teas from Maiko, especially if you need something to tide yourself over until shincha time :)

http://www.maiko.ne.jp/english/shopping/thanks.htm

Feb 21st, '17, 00:44

by victoria3 » Feb 21st, '17, 00:44

entropyembrace wrote: It's "Thank You Campaign" time again. This is a really good chance to pick up some discounted teas from Maiko, especially if you need something to tide yourself over until shincha time :)

http://www.maiko.ne.jp/english/shopping/thanks.htm
Thank You for update :D

Feb 21st, '17, 07:02
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » Feb 21st, '17, 07:02

Any suggestions, fellows? :D

Mar 1st, '17, 10:02

by teababa » Mar 1st, '17, 10:02

Considering getting

Sencha "Kamo
Sencha "Miyako
Karigane(Kukicha)"Uji no Kaori
Gyokuro "Higashi-yama

Or getting just the 3 pack of gyokuro higashi-yama that is on sale.

Which would you recommend?
Have you tried any of the above teas?

+ Post Reply