Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Aug 6th, '18, 13:59
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

by rdl » Aug 6th, '18, 13:59

RobWarren wrote: In his last e-mail he essentially said I lacked sophistication and should not buy any handmade products from Japan.
Yuuki-Cha 1.jpgYuuki-Cha 2.jpg[attachment=0]Yuuki-Cha 3.jpg
I received essentially the same opinion of my level of knowledge of Japanese yakimono and took the insult as a reason to not shop with them again. However, with the evaluation came the offer to return the item I purchased. Is that not possible in your case? A full refund including shipping would end the discussion, in my opinion.
It's a shame this is still happening, I sympathize with you.

Aug 6th, '18, 14:51

by RobWarren » Aug 6th, '18, 14:51

There was no offer of any accommodation of any kind. Just that he was blameless and I lacked sophistication and was ignorant.

A little more context. The chawan that I wanted was listed as out of stock for some time. I sent several message through the website asking to be notified when the item was back in stock as I really liked what the pictures showed me. After one of my requests for notification I did receive a message that there was one in stock and I could order it. I did, and got the blue bowl.

So the set-up of asking repeatedly to be notified when the particular item I was interested in was back in stock, being told there was one left in inventory, and then getting a different product delivered made it feel like an intentional deception to me.

I guess if a $20 sale is more important to him than a long term loyal customer, or his reputation, I am not going to argue with him over that decision.

Feb 14th, '20, 08:19

by mutroke » Feb 14th, '20, 08:19

A few days ago i made an account on yuuki-cha, despite some of the negative comments i saw here. I received the confirmation e-mail, then the next day when i tried to log in again (was planning to order some tea and accessories), i couldn't log in anymore, getting this : "Warning: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password", i tried to use the "forgotten password" option, but it says e- mail is not registered even though i have the confirmation email stating my account is created. No, i didn't forget my password.
The "contact form" option on their website does not work for me, it keeps giving me same error that the "Verification is not correct!".
I sent a reply to the admin e-mail i received when i created my account, asking for advice, but i did not receive a reply .
I cannot create a new account using other e-mail...so The only reason i can think of is that i'm being blocked because i am from Eastern Europe . :roll:
Last edited by mutroke on Feb 14th, '20, 08:19, edited 1 time in total.

Feb 16th, '20, 19:36

by isabellamor » Feb 16th, '20, 19:36

I have been ordering from Yuuki Cha for many years, eight or nine, and have enjoyed their teas very much, as well the prompt shipping. Their teas are amazing.

Feb 26th, '20, 01:51

by mutroke » Feb 26th, '20, 01:51

isabellamor wrote: I have been ordering from Yuuki Cha for many years, eight or nine, and have enjoyed their teas very much, as well the prompt shipping. Their teas are amazing.
I believe you, however to block people from other countries seems crazy in today's e-commerce era, where words and reputation can spread rapidly , i'm sure most hackers and scammers are not looking at organic green tea sellers from Japan. The owner has the right however to select his clients, but i would prefer to "risk" losing a few bucks instead of refusing a possible client. Now the competition that he hates will get the money instead, reinforcing the bitter taste behaviour in the "about us" info. :lol:

Feb 26th, '21, 03:26

by Willv60 » Feb 26th, '21, 03:26

Hi all! Where i can get a Yuuki-Cha in US?
And is it ok to make a tea in a metal tea infuser? I'd get some of these (https://www.bestadvisor.com/tea-infusers ), for example

Feb 27th, '21, 07:59

by KingLion » Feb 27th, '21, 07:59

mutroke wrote: A few days ago i made an account on yuuki-cha, despite some of the negative comments i saw here. I received the confirmation e-mail, then the next day when i tried to log in again (was planning to order some tea and accessories), i couldn't log in anymore, getting this : "Warning: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password", i tried to use the "forgotten password" option, but it says e- mail is not registered even though i have the confirmation email stating my account is created. No, i didn't forget my password.
The "contact form" option on their website does not work for me, it keeps giving me same error that the "Verification is not correct!".
I sent a reply to the admin e-mail i received when i created my account, asking for advice, but i did not receive a reply .
I cannot create a new account using other e-mail...so The only reason i can think of is that i'm being blocked because i am from Eastern Europe . :roll:
Same here and don't know what to do. I'm from US

Mar 7th, '21, 16:43

by Cat&Tea » Mar 7th, '21, 16:43

I've been buying and enjoying various organic tea from Yuuki-cha for many years with never a problem. However, starting last week, I could no longer see any page on their site, much less being able to log on. I've tried 3 different browsers to no avail.

The error message I've got is "Not secure" or "HTTP 500", which is very broad and not really telling me anything.

Does anyone have this issue as well? It's been a full week. Makes me wonder if they're still in business. Thanks.

Sep 8th, '21, 02:12

by Kunkali » Sep 8th, '21, 02:12

Cat&Tea wrote: I've been buying and enjoying various organic tea from Yuuki-cha for many years with never a problem. However, starting last week, I could no longer see any page on their site, much less being able to log on. I've tried 3 different browsers to no avail.

The error message I've got is "Not secure" or "HTTP 500", which is very broad and not really telling me anything.

Does anyone have this issue as well? It's been a full week. Makes me wonder if they're still in business. Thanks.

They're still in business. I just ordered from their website two days ago.

+ Post Reply