Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

May 1st, '12, 01:05

Re: Yuuki-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

by debunix » May 1st, '12, 01:05

Hmmm....I tasted the Okumidori and Tokujo but not the Sakimidori. Would you put the Sakimidori closer in flavor profile to the Tokujo or the Okumidori?

May 1st, '12, 06:01

by Tead Off » May 1st, '12, 06:01

debunix wrote:Hmmm....I tasted the Okumidori and Tokujo but not the Sakimidori. Would you put the Sakimidori closer in flavor profile to the Tokujo or the Okumidori?
IIRC, the Tokujo. The Sakimidori is delicious with a full mouth flavor and richness.

May 1st, '12, 13:31

by teaisme » May 1st, '12, 13:31

Tead Off wrote:The Sakimidori is delicious with a full mouth flavor and richness.

ummmmm sounds like what I like. I only tried three so far, but have found they are all very suited to my tastes.

Glad to see they will continue on with this line of teas. I'm marking my calender for June 6th!

May 1st, '12, 23:04

by bryan_drinks_tea » May 1st, '12, 23:04

Anyone tried the Shimofuri Yet? I'm interested in getting the shincha version but have already ordered 3 other shincha...

May 2nd, '12, 10:37

by Milo » May 2nd, '12, 10:37

Bryan_drinks_te... wrote:Anyone tried the Shimofuri Yet? I'm interested in getting the shincha version but have already ordered 3 other shincha...
Just had it yesterday. Love it. Rich and soft, with a good balance between grass and sweetness (more so the 'sugar-sweet' than the 'amino-sweet'). Very little unami.

May 2nd, '12, 22:38

by bryan_drinks_tea » May 2nd, '12, 22:38

Milo wrote:
Bryan_drinks_te... wrote:Anyone tried the Shimofuri Yet? I'm interested in getting the shincha version but have already ordered 3 other shincha...
Just had it yesterday. Love it. Rich and soft, with a good balance between grass and sweetness (more so the 'sugar-sweet' than the 'amino-sweet'). Very little unami.

Interesting. What are your parameters, Milo? and what teaware?

May 3rd, '12, 12:05

by Milo » May 3rd, '12, 12:05

Bryan_drinks_te... wrote:Interesting. What are your parameters, Milo? and what teaware?
I like my sencha sweet, so I usually brew at 140-150°F for 80-90 seconds. That way I get a little extra zing in my second infusion (170°F, 10 seconds).

Usually this would all happen in my trusty lil' Banko. For this particular tasting, I used my new futanashi kyusu.

May 3rd, '12, 14:47

by bryan_drinks_tea » May 3rd, '12, 14:47

Milo wrote:
Bryan_drinks_te... wrote:Interesting. What are your parameters, Milo? and what teaware?
I like my sencha sweet, so I usually brew at 140-150°F for 80-90 seconds. That way I get a little extra zing in my second infusion (170°F, 10 seconds).

Usually this would all happen in my trusty lil' Banko. For this particular tasting, I used my new futanashi kyusu.

I was referring more to how much leaf you use...but thanks for the initial info. :D

May 3rd, '12, 15:12

by teaisme » May 3rd, '12, 15:12

Milo sorry off topic, is that your cat?

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... hilit=pets

May 3rd, '12, 16:51

by Milo » May 3rd, '12, 16:51

Bryan_drinks_te... wrote:I was referring more to how much leaf you use...but thanks for the initial info.
Aw, mittens. I knew I forget something. Yeah, one gram per ounce of water. Minor detail. :oops:
teaisme wrote:Milo sorry off topic, is that your cat?
I am that cat.

OK, not really. I just found a picture that seemed to fit my screen name.

May 3rd, '12, 17:10

by teaisme » May 3rd, '12, 17:10

indeed that cat does look like a milo

May 17th, '12, 15:07

by JohnnyChai » May 17th, '12, 15:07

Tead Off wrote:
debunix wrote:Hmmm....I tasted the Okumidori and Tokujo but not the Sakimidori. Would you put the Sakimidori closer in flavor profile to the Tokujo or the Okumidori?
IIRC, the Tokujo. The Sakimidori is delicious with a full mouth flavor and richness.

As a comparison, have you had the O-Cha Sakimidori?

Jun 18th, '12, 00:44
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 18th, '12, 00:44

In a never ending one-sided and unrequited endeavor to resolve problems with Yuuki-Cha, I have once again contacted Dan, an owner of Yuuki-Cha. This time I emailed Yuuki-Cha from 2 seperate email addresses (in case he blocked the one), and I also used the Yuuki-Cha site contact page ... sending the exact same message.

10 days have passed and sadly, predictably, again Yuuki-Cha is refusing to respond in any manner whatsoever, choosing to ignore my email.

How sad that a vendor would choose to continue this one-sided war with a customer who actually helped Yuuki-Cha out when they were still little old JapaneseGreenTeaOnline.com (or something like that).

How sad that I continue to have to report Yuuki-Cha's behavior here. But I feel I must since the situation is so ... unprofessional and not to mention downright rude.

I submit my latest email to Yuuki-Cha to you as an example of my unrequited efforts. Under the circumstances, I believe I was being gracious to Yuuki-Cha. This is about the 10th unanswered contact to Yuuki-Cha. This is also the first time I have released any correspondence from me to Yuuki-Cha.
Hello Dan,

In a continuing effort to resolve our problems, I am again contacting you. The tea world is too small for this to continue indefinitely. Truly if opposing nations can talk and resolve problems, we can surely do this much? I know I am willing and able, are you?

I have made numerous attempts to contact you and have even tried to order from you. Despite this, you have not responded. I would think that you would want resolution?

If you do not, then please have the decency to tell me so. All this would require from you is simple 3 words, "do not contact."

If you do want to try and resolve our differences, I welcome any positive response.

Sincerely,
Chip ...

Jul 9th, '12, 07:10

by linping » Jul 9th, '12, 07:10

Did any one here orderd Yuu-ki cha 2012 matcha sample set? If so could you share some experince of this this sample set.

So far it just tired the Shiun Matcha.

Jul 11th, '12, 23:37

by Bakkoi » Jul 11th, '12, 23:37

I'm on my second package of Shimofuri so far this season, and it's the best tea I've had from Yuuki-cha. I ordered shincha from two places this season, Yuuki-cha and Zencha, and I like the Shimofuri more than the 'Sencha the Ultimate' or Sencha Takumi from Zencha. The quality of the leaf is probably the best I've seen for machine-rolled.

I haven't tried their matcha, but I am tempted to try their Sayamamidori in my next order. Has anyone tried it?

+ Post Reply