Oct 23rd, '15, 02:15
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: O-Cha "Official" Japanese tea topic

by William » Oct 23rd, '15, 02:15

Good to know! :)

Oct 28th, '15, 09:26

by sherubtse » Oct 28th, '15, 09:26

Kevangogh wrote:We have been opening, closing, opening our site off and on over the last few weeks. The reason being, we have migrated to a completely more modern shopping cart system. However, it's highly complex and has caused us numerous glitches, some of which we are still working on. We ask for your patience, it's a matter of short term pain, long term gain.
Short term pain is right. Seems like I have been locked out of my account - the new system doesn't recognise my password, and the password reset e-mail I requested hasn't come through.

Kevin probably should have sent an e-mail, or a special edition of his newsletter, warning people of possible problems with the switch-over and offering ways to deal with them. But hindsight is always 20/20.

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Oct 30th, '15, 01:01
Vendor Member

by Kevangogh » Oct 30th, '15, 01:01

Hello,

The password function was down for about a day but it's working now.

I have some big updates on the site next week. Once I get a few more bugs taken care of I will send out a newsletter, probably in 1-2 weeks time. I'm waiting to get it more perfect.

Our site has slim pickings right now because our fiscal year ends on October 31st, we're letting inventory run out on purpose because anything left is taxed as profit. November 1st we'll be "flush" again.

If you could use our contact form, I can get your account straightened out in about a minute…

Nov 4th, '15, 09:47

by Alex » Nov 4th, '15, 09:47

Kevin have you got a recommendation for tea at the moment. What are you enjoying sencha wise?

Nov 6th, '15, 23:34
Vendor Member

by Kevangogh » Nov 6th, '15, 23:34

Personally, I've been spending my time with the non-organic Oku Midori, and also the ureshino tamaryokucha lately…

I updated the shopping cart a few days ago, it is working much better than before and almost all issues have been resolved. Still tweaking it though.
Recent additions: You can now check order status from any page without having to login at all. I also just installed a "ask a question" feature whereby a customer can ask a question and we answer it, and those Q & A's remain in a tab for future customers to reference. Just installed that so it will take some time for questions to be asked and answered, but it's there.

Nov 14th, '15, 06:19

by Noonie » Nov 14th, '15, 06:19

I made a purchase from the site a couple of days ago and all was working well. I like the changes - many improvements. Thanks and well done!

Dec 5th, '15, 00:45

by pedant » Dec 5th, '15, 00:45

the search function on the site does not seem to work correctly.

steps to reproduce issue: none of these search queries will yield 'Ureshino Tamaryokucha' as a result:
  • 'ureshino' (screenshot)
    'Tamaryokucha' (screenshot -- note that this returns a valid result, but not for the tea i'm looking for)
    'Ureshino Tamaryokucha'

Dec 8th, '15, 05:08
Vendor Member

by Kevangogh » Dec 8th, '15, 05:08

The reason for this is that we are using a cloud search feature and are currently still on a "free" plan which limits us to 100 searchable products. Since we have more than that, not all of our products are showing up in this search feature. I will upgrade this in the next 24-48 hours.

In the meantime, you can find it here:

https://www.o-cha.com/ureshino-tamaryokucha.html

Dec 8th, '15, 07:06
Vendor Member

by Kevangogh » Dec 8th, '15, 07:06

The full cloud search has now been implemented…thanks for looking!

Jun 28th, '19, 14:34

by Yoda » Jun 28th, '19, 14:34

Hello,
it's been years since this topic got any comments.

People still satisfied with this vendor?
Which sencha would you recommend?

Thanks

+ Post Reply