Ippodo "Official" Japanese tea topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Oct 4th, '14, 14:05

Re: Ippodo

by entropyembrace » Oct 4th, '14, 14:05

Pig Hog wrote:I made an order last month and probably paid as much for postage as I did for tea itself...

It's a shame, because the tea is great but I just can't afford to be spending so much on each order. It's like every item has a shipping charge, instead of adding shipping to the order as a whole...?
Wow! sounds like the shipping changes were the complete opposite of what people expected :(

Oct 10th, '14, 07:49

Re: Ippodo "Official" Japanese tea topic

by drinking_teas » Oct 10th, '14, 07:49

If you're in NY, definitely visit Ippodo. It's a small spot (in the lobby of a Japanese restaurant) but the service is great. Not a fan of Japanese teas, but their stuff is definitely quality. It's close to Times Sq./Grand Central, so it's not a detour on most trips.

Jan 2nd, '15, 14:58

by theroots » Jan 2nd, '15, 14:58

Pig Hog wrote:I made an order last month and probably paid as much for postage as I did for tea itself...
I ordered a lot from Ippodo but since they raised the shipping it really isn't affordable anymore. What a pity! :evil:

drinking_teas wrote:If you're in NY, definitely visit Ippodo. It's a small spot (in the lobby of a Japanese restaurant) but the service is great
Was there the last time I visited NYC. Unfortunately they just closed for holidays the day before. :?

Feb 5th, '15, 16:12

by idshadow » Feb 5th, '15, 16:12

Saw the e-mail a couple weeks ago saying that their Spring Nodoka matcha is available.

Does anyone know how fresh the Sayaka from them would be at this time of year?

+ Post Reply