DragonTeaHouse "Official" Grn, Ool, Wht/Yllw, Prh Tea Topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Nov 14th, '15, 08:33

by prezeus » Nov 14th, '15, 08:33

Does anyone knows if this is the real Dragon Tea House. The photos with logos seems legit

http://m.aliexpress.com/store/storeHome ... obilestore

Nov 14th, '15, 19:32

Re: DragonTeaHouse "Official" Grn, Ool, Wht/Yllw, Prh Tea Topic

by kuánglóng » Nov 14th, '15, 19:32

I received some Phoenix oolong from the Dragon Tea House on aliexpress yesterday:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Premium- ... 15507.html

Shipping time was OK this time, more often than not the stuff spends more time in customs than on the way there from China.
I've only managed to brew up two rounds in an Yixing pot tonight but I've never had a tea that tasted so close to Campari :D
Bitterness, some adstringency, strong citrusy notes somewhere between blood orange and pomelo rind, medical herbs, some laid-back sweetness but it happened all in the cup, there was not too much left for the nose. I got more than 10 decent steeps from 5g/100ml and stopped somewhere at #13 or so; those leaves pack quite a punch overall. I could imagine ordering some more, just for the fun part or to see how well they age.
Looking forward to brewing up some grams in a gaiwan tomorrow.

Thumbs up to the DTH for this one.

Nov 16th, '15, 16:05

by prezeus » Nov 16th, '15, 16:05

Thank you for sharing your experience. I think I'll order a shipment of samples.

The prices are the same as their official website so I think is the same vendor. But I suppose that they charge you for the shipping there. In aliexpress shipping is free.

Nov 17th, '15, 06:09

Re: DragonTeaHouse

by kuánglóng » Nov 17th, '15, 06:09

prezeus wrote:Thank you for sharing your experience. I think I'll order a shipment of samples.

The prices are the same as their official website so I think is the same vendor. But I suppose that they charge you for the shipping there. In aliexpress shipping is free.
On aliexpress their shipping is included in the price, I haven't ordered anything from their own website so far.

(Once on AE you might want to pay a visit to the 'Fu Tea Store', 'Chinas Best Tea Store' and 'The Black Tea House'. IMHO their yancha sampler pack is well worth the money when it's on sale for ~$17.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/China-Fa ... 65916.html

I've had some good experiences with those sellers and the DTH on AE (and not so good ones with some others). Nothing overly mind blowing but here and there you can find some surprisingly decent tea for the money.)

+ Post Reply