Sampan Tea "Official" Pu-erh Tea Topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Jan 19th, '10, 13:06
Scrolling: scrolling

Sampan Tea "Official" Pu-erh Tea Topic

by Chip » Jan 19th, '10, 13:06

Sampan Tea was nominated and confirmed for our TeaVendor Guide under the Pu-erh category. If you would like to nominate them to other categories, you may do this, otherwise limit discussion to their Pu-erh Tea offerings. Thank you! :D

NEW! Official Pu-erh Tea Vendor Guide for Sampan Tea
Consider this a perennial topic for Pu-erh teas from Sampan Tea to discuss and review.

http://stores.ebay.com/Sampan-Tea_Pu-er ... ec0Q2em322

Official Pu-erh Tea Vendor Guide. Let's see what happens with this wild and crazy idea. You can view the main Pu-erh TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11929 and the main TeaVendor Guide here: http://www.teachat.com/viewforum.php?f=60

Jan 19th, '10, 14:15

Re: Sampan Tea "Official" Pu-erh Tea Topic

by Maitre_Tea » Jan 19th, '10, 14:15

Even though it may seem from his site that his offerings are pretty slim, you can email him for a price list of different items. He offers samples, and stuff is shipped directly from his supplier in Taiwan. Sample prices are pretty generous IMO. I recently tried his 1999 Menghai 7542, which was pretty wet-stored for my tastes. Still has some sharpness of youth, and a nice calming cha qi. Makes me wonder if dryer storage can give this tea a little more "body" and complexity.

Jul 8th, '10, 10:43

by dangert » Jul 8th, '10, 10:43

I have mixed feelings about this vendor. I have ordered a set of samples (Yi Wu Zheng Shan, Yi Wu Mao Cha and Taiwanese TKY) which arrived fast and were very good. Based on tasting results, I decided to buy a full cake of Zheng Shan, TKY, more pu-erh samples and two more Taiwanese oolongs that were still in transit from Taiwan to Canada (vendor location). My second order (about $80) was paid in full in April this year.

Unfortunately I still didn't receive the order (July 8). About a month ago I wrote to vendor and received the explanation that Taiwanese teas weren't good and were sent back to Taiwan. I was promised express shipping on remaining items and refund for missing items. Still, after a month, I don't have anything in my mailbox yet. I wrote to vendor two more times (direct email and through Ebay messaging system), but this time I didn't get any reply. I certainly hope that lack of communication is due to personal or technical problems and that the vendor will find a proper way to remedy the situation.

Sep 9th, '10, 15:40

by dangert » Sep 9th, '10, 15:40

Avoid this seller at all cost. My teas (purchased about 3 month ago) didn't arrive. The seller claims that he resent the teas. My request to get tracking number remained unanswered. The communication was extremely slow - seller claimed he is helping to build a cabin in the woods and only has access to email once a week. I don't understand how it is possible to run an internet store like this.

Jan 3rd, '11, 14:52

Please remove this store

by dangert » Jan 3rd, '11, 14:52

The store is no longer registered on Ebay.

+ Post Reply