Floating Leaves "Official" Oolong Tea Topic

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Jan 6th, '11, 21:02

Re: Floating Leaves "Official" Oolong Tea Topic

by tortoise » Jan 6th, '11, 21:02

Thanks. I order oolong from her still after moving away and have thought about ordering a pot. I remember seeing them in the store, but never on the website.
Last edited by tortoise on Jan 6th, '11, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

Jan 6th, '11, 21:03

by rhondabee » Jan 6th, '11, 21:03

Glad to know the Da Yu Ling is good. I ordered that and the Lishan and Alishan, and am looking forward to trying some this weekend. I had e-mailed her about purchasing a Yixing pot, but she told me she didn't have any.

Oct 5th, '11, 02:39

by AAltair » Oct 5th, '11, 02:39

I just thought I'd declare myself here as a bit of a shill for Floating Leaves (I guess by declaring it I am no longer a shill though ...) I'm not under Shiuwen's employ but I'm the kind of person who likes creating friendships and then staying loyal to a company because I know the people.

I'm not as picky about my tea as some, but I do enjoy a high quality cup more than I like drinking whatever teabag is provided at a conference coffee table. At this time my taste runs towards smooth, sweet oolongs that have no astringency and dark, rich pu-erhs - both of which Floating Leaves provides me. Her 2011 Lishan is always a treat to drink - and I never turn down 2nd Place Baozhong no matter the year.

Oct 15th, '11, 22:38

by tea.and.peace » Oct 15th, '11, 22:38

I just ordered a 120ml gaiwan from them. Keeping my fingers crossed it is a decent piece.

Aug 29th, '15, 03:56

by devites » Aug 29th, '15, 03:56

Shout out to Floating leaves tea! super happy to be back in the seattle area this past august, my favorite teas right now are the baozhong both the competitive grade and farmer grade, the smell is so rich and cicade-y sweet, brews up tough in my gaiwan and I like the HeHuan Shan oolong! THESE are the faves! Baozhong ive been a lover for many years ;) but HeHuan Shan took me by surprise!

Jul 11th, '16, 20:57

by victoria3 » Jul 11th, '16, 20:57

I just received several 1 ounce samples from Floating Leaves. I wanted to explore another US based Taiwanese oolong vendor who could deliver fast since I'll be traveling soon. So far I have had oolongs supplied by Origin Tea (no longer), Bird Pick (Los Angeles based) & Norbu (in Texas). I'm still looking for the holy grail so keep exploring. Delivery took only a few days. Shiuwen, the vendor, was happy to provide additional elevation & location information that was not posted yet on her web site. As I try these I'll post some results.
2016 Spring DaYuLing High Mountain Oolong
2015 Winter DaYuLing
2016 Spring Lishan High Mountain Oolong
2015 Winter Lishan
2016 Spring ShanLinXi High Mountain Oolong
2014 Bai Hao Oolong
Taiwan Ruby 18 Black Tea

& I received a Gift: Baozhong sampler
Attachments
Floating Leaves L1060256_sm.jpg
Floating Leaves L1060256_sm.jpg (42.18 KiB) Viewed 2273 times

+ Post Reply