PROBLEM VENDORS

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Apr 29th, '15, 23:15

Re: PROBLEM VENDORS

by BioHorn » Apr 29th, '15, 23:15

pedant wrote:
BioHorn wrote: If anyone has experience salvaging these, please let me know how you did it!
i'd be kind of surprised if you couldn't clean them. what do they smell like? nasty oil?

wipe them out with a rag wet with the following solvent, and if that doesn't work, move to the next solvent in the list:
-- 91% isopropyl alcohol (aka: rubbing alcohol; availability: any pharmacy; notes: fairly safe)
-- acetone (availability: any hardware store; notes: relatively safe, but it evaporates very quickly and will dry your hands out)
-- xylene, toluene, or naphtha (availability: any hardware store; notes: naphtha and toluene are a bit more toxic than xylene, but i wouldn't worry about a brief exposure. no worse than painting a room or something. i would work outside or in a well ventilated area. don't huff the fumes.)

afterwards, wash them with soap and water and run them through the dishwasher.

all of these solvents are obviously pretty flammable (including their vapors).
work in a well ventilated area, preferably outside.

you should easily be able to remove all traces of grease and crud without going far down that list (rubbing alcohol should work).

if the smell doesn't go away, then just throw the containers out. your only other option would be to buff the insides of the containers out to physically remove some of the material. is it worth the work?
Thank you for the suggestion. Rubbing alcohol (91%) fixed some of them. Amazingly enough, a few still smell even after repeated attempts!

Apr 25th, '16, 06:33

by CheekyChipmunk » Apr 25th, '16, 06:33

Hi All,

I recently ordered a teapot from zishayixing.com and am less than satisfied with the experience. Their products are on the expensive side of what is asked for new pots and while I was satisfied with the material of the pot and the general craftsmanship, the poor packaging during shipping (with no buffer between lid and pot) resulted in a chip to my pot lid upon arrival. I contacted the store owner almost two weeks ago and have heard nothing in return. I also believe they have censored a mediocre review I tried to post on their website.
Below is a picture of the article in question.

Buyers Beware!

L
Attachments
IMG_1512.JPG
IMG_1512.JPG (24.37 KiB) Viewed 4795 times

Apr 25th, '16, 10:50

by CheekyChipmunk » Apr 25th, '16, 10:50

CheekyChipmunk wrote:Hi All,

I recently ordered a teapot from zishayixing.com and am less than satisfied with the experience. Their products are on the expensive side of what is asked for new pots and while I was satisfied with the material of the pot and the general craftsmanship, the poor packaging during shipping (with no buffer between lid and pot) resulted in a chip to my pot lid upon arrival. I contacted the store owner almost two weeks ago and have heard nothing in return. I also believe they have censored a mediocre review I tried to post on their website.
Below is a picture of the article in question.

Buyers Beware!

L
*UPDATE*: After just trying to rinse out the pot with near-boiling water after using it for the second time (I first warmed the pot by putting in mostly cold water and adding a little boiling water until the pot was warm/hot), it just exploded with a crack from the spout to handle down one side. This is despite the product description on their site saying that the material used for this particular pot is elastic to prevent the pot from ever exploding. if only...
Attachments
IMG_1552.JPG
IMG_1552.JPG (23.67 KiB) Viewed 4789 times

May 29th, '16, 18:02

by Milo » May 29th, '16, 18:02

[Logs into TeaChat for first time in three years, sees that Yuki-Cha is still pinned in first post of this thread]

Hoo-kay, wow. Is the shelf-life for grudges around here indefinite? I'd have thought that hatchet was buried by now. Someone fill me in here.

May 29th, '16, 18:17
Vendor Member

by ethan » May 29th, '16, 18:17

Milo wrote:[Logs into TeaChat for first time in three years, sees that Yuki-Cha is still pinned in first post of this thread]

Hoo-kay, wow. Is the shelf-life for grudges around here indefinite? I'd have thought that hatchet was buried by now. Someone fill me in here.
I usually read threads in descending order. I don't know that a grudge is being kept. Perhaps the history of posts is just maintained. Rest assured Teachat is not a spiteful forum.

May 30th, '16, 09:05
Scrolling: scrolling

by William » May 30th, '16, 09:05

ethan wrote: I usually read threads in descending order. I don't know that a grudge is being kept. Perhaps the history of posts is just maintained. Rest assured Teachat is not a spiteful forum.
Agree. I probably never read the first page of this thread.

May 30th, '16, 18:34

by Milo » May 30th, '16, 18:34

Changed my default post view to descending. Already enjoying that I don't have to click on the nth page to see new posts on that thread. Thanks for the advice, guys.

Nov 11th, '17, 12:54

by bagua7 » Nov 11th, '17, 12:54

CheekyChipmunk wrote:zishayixing.com

Buyers Beware!
Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see your post until know.

This is a vendor to stay away from completely. He has been reported in the past as being dishonest and totally unreliable by selling fake pots.

I infortunately had a dealing with him.

The thread I opened about my experience with that vendor is lurking somewhere in teachat.

+ Post Reply