PROBLEM VENDORS

Comprehensive member driven guide to vendors of all teas

Jun 17th, '12, 18:36

Re: PROBLEM VENDORS

by sherubtse » Jun 17th, '12, 18:36

Chip wrote:Having had time to consider, I also add Yuuki-Cha to this wall of shame. Yuuki-Cha has the ability to get this straightened out by simply contacting me. But since Yuuki-Cha refuses to reply and based on my previous experiences with them, I am going with Chesslover's recommendation to add them to the list.

http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 7&start=30
I don't understand why the owner of Yuuki-Cha doesn't work things out with Chip. Doesn't he/she realise that Chip is a respected member of an important tea community, with his opinions valued by many. From a PR point-of-view, an ongoing problem with such a person is bad news indeed!

Having said that, it wouldn't be the first time I have seen a retailer act irrationally, and against their own best interests. :shock:

Best wishes,
sherubtse

Jun 18th, '12, 00:16
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Jun 18th, '12, 00:16

+1, it is paradoxical. I prefer to do a lot of positives for vendors. And I do do a lot of positives. Yuuki-Cha by their actions and lack of actions has made it impossible for me to to do anything ... including Yuuki-Cha inclusion in OTTI tastings.

After my last post above, I figured I would give it one more try which I will post under the Yuuki-Cha topic.

Jul 19th, '12, 14:34

by iovetea » Jul 19th, '12, 14:34

Marriagefreres they sold me tea so old you can't believe it. I know it has a big history so but they sold me several teas so old you couldn't even tell if they were good teas to begin with. Sadly i bought more than one tea: Sun Moon lake tea, golden needle and alishan and they were really old.

Aug 27th, '12, 09:44

by MarshalN » Aug 27th, '12, 09:44

BioHorn wrote:
Drax wrote:Why sell a brick for $0.99 when you can sell it for $55? He has re-listed the brick (though he's done it twice, at two different prices).

UGH. Sorry to hear about the troubles, and thank you for the warning(s)!
He is trying to save on eBay fees by charging the majority in shipping.

http://www.ebay.co.uk:80/itm/ws/eBayISA ... &viewitem=
It also looks like he is simply reselling at a higher price. This seems to be a tea bought from fengyuan-teashop for £15.99.
eBay charges you final value fee for shipping too, so it makes no difference if he sells the item for $1 and shipping for $49, or charge you $50 and free shipping

Aug 30th, '12, 06:11

by Bad Jedi » Aug 30th, '12, 06:11

MarshalN wrote:
BioHorn wrote:
Drax wrote:Why sell a brick for $0.99 when you can sell it for $55? He has re-listed the brick (though he's done it twice, at two different prices).

UGH. Sorry to hear about the troubles, and thank you for the warning(s)!
He is trying to save on eBay fees by charging the majority in shipping.

http://www.ebay.co.uk:80/itm/ws/eBayISA ... &viewitem=
It also looks like he is simply reselling at a higher price. This seems to be a tea bought from fengyuan-teashop for £15.99.
eBay charges you final value fee for shipping too, so it makes no difference if he sells the item for $1 and shipping for $49, or charge you $50 and free shipping
Few years before if i recalling correctly they didn't charge fee on shipping and that was a main reason for 0.99 prices .

Apr 7th, '13, 19:15

by futurebird » Apr 7th, '13, 19:15

valuetreasure on ebay sold me a teapot brush... it smells like a dead animal. The teapot stand that I bought was varnished by a 2-year-old it was such a mess-- avoid.

Dec 14th, '13, 13:43

fun alliance - scam alert

by cellmatrix » Dec 14th, '13, 13:43

Greetings teachat folks. I just wanted to reiterate what was posted here earlier, that fun alliance is not to be trusted at all. I tried to buy a teapot from them, and they never sent me the teapot nor refunded my payment, ignoring several emails I sent to them. It was only after I got paypal involved that they finally refunded the money, without even a word of explanation or apology to me. This site is a total scam, and I would like to ask all of you to be forewarned of this.

Dec 14th, '13, 13:47

Re: fun alliance - scam alert

by AdamMY » Dec 14th, '13, 13:47

cellmatrix wrote:Greetings teachat folks. I just wanted to reiterate what was posted here earlier, that fun alliance is not to be trusted at all. I tried to buy a teapot from them, and they never sent me the teapot nor refunded my payment, ignoring several emails I sent to them. It was only after I got paypal involved that they finally refunded the money, without even a word of explanation or apology to me. This site is a total scam, and I would like to ask all of you to be forewarned of this.

I would really like to know what happened to funalliance. Quite a few years ago they were well trusted and fairly responsive to everything. I even had a successful order from them for quite a few small cups that I still use all the time. But some time after that, and I am not sure when, the site stopped being updated, and all communication seemed to have died, it is sad that the site is still up and more so that the order system still works when everything I have heard is that the vendor gave up the tea/ teaware business.

Dec 14th, '13, 14:34

Re: fun alliance - scam alert

by cellmatrix » Dec 14th, '13, 14:34

AdamMY wrote:
cellmatrix wrote:Greetings teachat folks. I just wanted to reiterate what was posted here earlier, that fun alliance is not to be trusted at all. I tried to buy a teapot from them, and they never sent me the teapot nor refunded my payment, ignoring several emails I sent to them. It was only after I got paypal involved that they finally refunded the money, without even a word of explanation or apology to me. This site is a total scam, and I would like to ask all of you to be forewarned of this.

I would really like to know what happened to funalliance. Quite a few years ago they were well trusted and fairly responsive to everything. I even had a successful order from them for quite a few small cups that I still use all the time. But some time after that, and I am not sure when, the site stopped being updated, and all communication seemed to have died, it is sad that the site is still up and more so that the order system still works when everything I have heard is that the vendor gave up the tea/ teaware business.
I'm not sure what happened either, but its too bad. I suspect the person there, someone who goes by the name of Kelly with the email address kam@funalliance.com, is keeping the site online, hoping to scam unsuspecting people.

Mar 10th, '14, 03:42

by Hannah » Mar 10th, '14, 03:42

Not really at the complaining stage yet but has anyone else had any trouble with sampletea? I put an order in on the 1st of March and it's still showing as "processing" - payment has been taken and as far as I can tell my goods haven't been shipped yet..

I requested an update via email but haven't heard back yet.

I've seen them recommended a few times though so perhaps it's just a one-off?

Mar 10th, '14, 16:49

by Drax » Mar 10th, '14, 16:49

I've ordered from sampletea multiple times in the past with no problems, and usually communication is quite fast.

If we were closer to the Chinese New Year, I might suspect that. But it may be some other form of travel or other event.

Given my past experience, I wouldn't worry too much... yet. :mrgreen:

Mar 12th, '14, 22:11

by Leaf » Mar 12th, '14, 22:11

Yeah, there was a huge delay in my Sample Tea order too, nearly two weeks before anything happened! Fortunately it turned out yesterday my order was shipped -- didn't get any mail alert, but it is written on the website under the personal order history. Check out yours, just in case!

Mar 12th, '14, 22:56

by Hannah » Mar 12th, '14, 22:56

Thanks guys! Yeah I just got an email from Alan today and he apologized for the delay - all good!! :D

Mar 13th, '14, 05:54

by Drax » Mar 13th, '14, 05:54

Glad to hear it, thanks for the update!

Jan 6th, '15, 19:29

by cnltc345 » Jan 6th, '15, 19:29

Have anyone had problem with Taiwan Tea Craft? I've ordered from them recently and I tried to contact them a few times for the tracking number regarding the shipment, but I never get a response. It is my first time buying from the vendor and I don't know how they operate. Any comments?

+ Post Reply