soft opening ethanntea.com

Check out members who are in the business of TEA/teaware!

Jul 27th, '17, 17:42
Vendor Member

soft opening ethanntea.com

by ethan » Jul 27th, '17, 17:42

Trial run for ethanntea.com. Open for a week. "Grand" opening in September. Limited variety (only very good and wonderful tea at the moment) and limited packets of them for now.

Cheers. What line on edit is used for listing myself as member/vendor? Someone please tell me.

Jul 28th, '17, 17:50
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: soft opening ethanntea.com

by Mrs. Chip » Jul 28th, '17, 17:50

ethan wrote: Trial run for ethanntea.com. Open for a week. "Grand" opening in September. Limited variety (only very good and wonderful tea at the moment) and limited packets of them for now.

Cheers. What line on edit is used for listing myself as member/vendor? Someone please tell me.
Hi Ethan, Chip has to do it for you. I will let him know!

Jul 28th, '17, 21:25
Vendor Member

by ethan » Jul 28th, '17, 21:25

Thank you, Mrs. Chip.

Aug 1st, '17, 06:11

by john.b » Aug 1st, '17, 06:11

Maybe @Teadoff can sleep better at night knowing that you're no longer a grey-area consumer / vendor, that you've came clean.

Aug 29th, '17, 10:26
Vendor Member

by ethan » Aug 29th, '17, 10:26

I will be off-line August 31 through September 12 as I try and buy tea in Taiwan. My last trip to Taiwan I got so excited by excellent green tea and excellent heavily roasted, well oxidized oolong that I did not pay much attention to sourcing black tea and non-roasted or lightly roasted oolong. I will be more balanced in my sourcing this trip. I won't buy a tea just to fill a category, of course. I am only interested in exceptionally superb tea. Cheers

Sep 20th, '17, 11:43

by Yatra Tea Co » Sep 20th, '17, 11:43

Mrs. Chip wrote:
ethan wrote: Trial run for ethanntea.com. Open for a week. "Grand" opening in September. Limited variety (only very good and wonderful tea at the moment) and limited packets of them for now.

Hi there - can I have myself listed as a vendor as well? I think I had sent a message to an/the admin a few weeks back, but hadn't received a response. Many thanks in advance!

Sep 20th, '17, 23:57
Vendor Member

by ethan » Sep 20th, '17, 23:57

A note to the people who are suddenly joining Teachat as vendors:

Coming to Teachat to make $ is not something that I advise doing. For myself and some other vendor/members, we are primarily participating members for the usual reason, to enjoy sharing information, feelings, and thoughts about tea. Our total amount of business may be quite small or at least the amount done with Teachat members is.

For myself, I take pleasure in spending time and money to find excellent teas, and would find it awkward to buy tiny quantities from people who have been patient through the process (and sometimes quite generous with time and samples). Thus, I buy more tea than I can drink and wish to sell some to help me pay to travel to sample and source. For vendors who are much different than me, coming here for many tea-drinkers loosely spending $, I can tell you with only good intentions, you are at the wrong forum. It's not composed of many people, especially not those who rashly buy from strangers. Good luck.

Sep 21st, '17, 00:08
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Sep 21st, '17, 00:08

Yatra Tea Co wrote:
Mrs. Chip wrote:

Hi there - can I have myself listed as a vendor as well? I think I had sent a message to an/the admin a few weeks back, but hadn't received a response. Many thanks in advance!
The admin will (eventually) get back to you! I've seen you on Reddit. You specialize in Indian teas, correct?

Sep 21st, '17, 10:35

by Yatra Tea Co » Sep 21st, '17, 10:35

jayinhk wrote:
Yatra Tea Co wrote:
Mrs. Chip wrote:

The admin will (eventually) get back to you! I've seen you on Reddit. You specialize in Indian teas, correct?
Hi there - yes, I do! I have a small online venture focused on curating premium Indian and Nepali teas. Thanks for the heads up about the admin!

Sep 21st, '17, 10:48

by Yatra Tea Co » Sep 21st, '17, 10:48

ethan wrote: A note to the people who are suddenly joining Teachat as vendors:

Coming to Teachat to make $ is not something that I advise doing. For myself and some other vendor/members, we are primarily participating members for the usual reason, to enjoy sharing information, feelings, and thoughts about tea. Our total amount of business may be quite small or at least the amount done with Teachat members is.

For myself, I take pleasure in spending time and money to find excellent teas, and would find it awkward to buy tiny quantities from people who have been patient through the process (and sometimes quite generous with time and samples). Thus, I buy more tea than I can drink and wish to sell some to help me pay to travel to sample and source. For vendors who are much different than me, coming here for many tea-drinkers loosely spending $, I can tell you with only good intentions, you are at the wrong forum. It's not composed of many people, especially not those who rashly buy from strangers. Good luck.
Hi Ethan, fellow Bostonian here, though I reside in Cambridge to be precise! Perhaps your comment was directed at me, perhaps not. First, thanks for the advice, though I am quite aware that tea discussion forums are not money makers, and neither is that my intention or goal, though forming a relationship with some folks who may become customers would be welcome.

I joined this forum after having lurked for a while. Plus someone I encountered on Reddit (r/tea) mentioned this forum to me. I plan on using the forum as any other member - to hear other people's opinions on tea and related topics. In fact, given my lack of experience with Chinese, Taiwanese, and Japanese teas, and their widespread prevalence in the US vis-a-vis quality Indian/South Asian teas, I find discussions on Reddit and this forum to be quite educational.

We are different in the sense I am trying to make a living out of this at some point in my life, though it is early days for me. Getting listed as a "vendor member" on this forum is appropriate, because that is in fact what I am.

Thanks.

Sep 22nd, '17, 01:55
Vendor Member

by ethan » Sep 22nd, '17, 01:55

Yatra Tea Co wrote:
Perhaps your comment was directed at me, perhaps not.
Welcome to Teachat. My post was not particularly directed at you.

There have been a lot of posts by vendors without sophistication (to be kind) and while their posts have increased, members who have wisely and seriously been active on Teachat for years, are posting much less. Most of those new vendors stop posting fairly quickly but others replace them. I hope to discourage vendors who are simply broadcasting for the good of the forum and their own good.

I'll be home in a month and PM you in the hope that we can enjoy a tea session together. Cheers

Sep 22nd, '17, 13:17

by Yatra Tea Co » Sep 22nd, '17, 13:17

ethan wrote:
Yatra Tea Co wrote:
Perhaps your comment was directed at me, perhaps not.
Welcome to Teachat. My post was not particularly directed at you.

There have been a lot of posts by vendors without sophistication (to be kind) and while their posts have increased, members who have wisely and seriously been active on Teachat for years, are posting much less. Most of those new vendors stop posting fairly quickly but others replace them. I hope to discourage vendors who are simply broadcasting for the good of the forum and their own good.

I'll be home in a month and PM you in the hope that we can enjoy a tea session together. Cheers
I've never been a volume poster, though I tend to read and learn from other people's opinions and experiences.

Everyone has a reason to be here. As a fledgling vendor, I do want to let the tea drinking world know about the quality South Asian teas I carry, but I don't plan to pester people or do it in an obnoxious way. And I am here to mingle with other tea drinkers, share my own knowledge on certain topics, and hopefully develop my business.

Definitely shoot me a message when you're back. I don't know too much about Chinese/Taiwanese teas, but I'd love to indulge in a tea session with you. And in turn I can offer some interesting teas from India and Nepal! Good luck on your travels.

+ Post Reply