Know Yourself, Know Your Tea, Know Your Teaware

Check out members who are in the business of TEA/teaware!

Nov 9th, '17, 00:01
Vendor Member

Know Yourself, Know Your Tea, Know Your Teaware

by ethan » Nov 9th, '17, 00:01

A lot of people looking to find tea and teaware and tea knowledge here and I remember all of the $ and time spent, much of it not wisely. I've put together a package to make things very easy. I will not offer it anywhere else. Seeing if anyone is interested: It includes: TEAWARE:
A medium-thick glass gaiwan with 4-ounce capacity. This allows one to see the color of the brew; prepare tea in a vessel that is neutral (not taking or adding to flavor); and to master handling of a gaiwan or to forget about traditional way of holding on the sides and lid, and use the underlying saucer. And-- A white (with some painting to be pretty) thin-walled traditional 4-ounce porcelain teapot. Porcelain is most common for good reason and this pot prepares tea as most people do; and, the easy pour and small holes that keep the leaves inside the pot are so convenient.
TEA: The high-quality teas offered lets one know whether which types he likes. If one does not like one of these teas, he is very unlikely to like any tea of that type. 20 grams of each is enough for experimentation with your preparation and suggestions will be included for preparation of each tea.
From Taiwan: 1. Green/Green Oolong from high up Shanlinxi (one of 3 most renowned tea-producing mountains of Taiwan). This perfect gaoshan has all that wants from a green tea and none of common unwanted characteristics. Moreover, if one ups the temperature from the range ideal for green tea, the slight oxidation comes into play and one enjoys the sweet huigan (aftertaste) of excellent high-mountain oolong. 2. Roasted and oxidized oolong from 2400m up Lishan (another of the 3 famous mountains) allows one to sample best leaves harvested at an ideal time for careful medium oxidation and attentive tradtional roasting in baskets over charcoal fires for 2 - 3 days. 3. Black tea from top-quality whole leaves produced carefully to be enjoyed without sugar, milk, etc. 4. Flavored black tea. Quality whole leaf tea is infused with flavors but not adulterated. Besides being a pleasure to drink this tea exposes the low quality of leaves of most flavored tea. From Nepal: An excellent black tea with the flavors one gets from the best leaves and produces of Himalayan tea (most commonly, single-estate darjeeling) without the common strong astringency.
PM me if interested

Nov 11th, '17, 19:10
Vendor Member

Re: Know Yourself, Know Your Tea, Know Your Teaware

by ethan » Nov 11th, '17, 19:10

Wondering, has anyone read this post? Cheers.

Nov 13th, '17, 10:54

by LAC » Nov 13th, '17, 10:54

ethan wrote: Wondering, has anyone read this post? Cheers.
Interesting; but it would be even more,
if you show us pictures for
get an idea.

Thank you

Cheers

Nov 13th, '17, 18:55
Vendor Member

by ethan » Nov 13th, '17, 18:55

LAC wrote:
ethan wrote:
Interesting; but .....
You prove to me what I fear which is that many people are just lost--wanting a photograph of tea highlights this for me. I could put up a couple of photographs of me sitting in the Dr. Chen teashop with venerable teamasters, but that also just shows me with a bunch seniior citizens of Chinese ethnicity for all anyone knows. The proof is in the tasting. Thanks for the reply. Good to know someone reads posts.

Nov 13th, '17, 23:20

by Bok » Nov 13th, '17, 23:20

ethan wrote: You prove to me what I fear which is that many people are just lost--wanting a photograph of tea highlights this for me. I could put up a couple of photographs of me sitting in the Dr. Chen teashop with venerable teamasters, but that also just shows me with a bunch seniior citizens of Chinese ethnicity for all anyone knows. The proof is in the tasting. Thanks for the reply. Good to know someone reads posts.
Although I second that in the end a picture of tea does not prove much, do not underestimate the human beings are visual beings, all the more nowadays when time becomes of the essence under the constant information bombardment.

It takes a nanosecond to see and anlayze(though prejudiced) an image, it takes a lot longer to read a long paragraph.

A lot of people do also probably not want to buy the “cat in the bag”, as little as pictures of tea are indicative of their quality, some clues can be had. And if it just puts people’s mind at ease, no harm done.

Also, not forgetting that there is teaware in the package, which one would want to see first, no?

Nov 14th, '17, 09:40
Vendor Member

by ethan » Nov 14th, '17, 09:40

Yes, that is true. ethanntea.com has photographs of some of the stuff, blogs also. You guys are right, but I am a bit crazy. I asked a ? about interest. Putting the cart in front of the horse, I look for interest first, to satisfy need for photographs second. Also, I hope reputation means something. No one has ever been unhappy with anything from me.

Perhaps noobies here will be happier buying from the person who asks to be directed to an organic tea vendor so an additional person can work between the producer and the consumer. lol

Nov 15th, '17, 04:29

by Bok » Nov 15th, '17, 04:29

ethan wrote: Yes, that is true. ethanntea.com has photographs of some of the stuff, blogs also. You guys are right, but I am a bit crazy. I asked a ? about interest. Putting the cart in front of the horse, I look for interest first, to satisfy need for photographs second. Also, I hope reputation means something. No one has ever been unhappy with anything from me.
I understand where you are coming from, but a lot of people will not. They can not be bothered to connect the dots to see if you are reputable or not, they won’t bother to ask for images, if others provide it without asking. I know you are struggling with the technical side of taking images and posting, but most people randomly shoot away and post in seconds, which will make it more difficult to get for others when one does not…

Be patient, good things come to good people – or so I hope!
ethan wrote: Perhaps noobies here will be happier buying from the person who asks to be directed to an organic tea vendor so an additional person can work between the producer and the consumer. lol
:mrgreen:

Nov 15th, '17, 13:10

by JRS22 » Nov 15th, '17, 13:10

I like the idea of sampling teas that I’m not familiar with. I already own this sort of teaware so if you proceed with this project I’d be interested in a tea-only option.

Nov 15th, '17, 17:00
Vendor Member

by ethan » Nov 15th, '17, 17:00

JRS22 wrote: I like the idea of sampling teas that I’m not familiar with. I already own this sort of teaware so if you proceed with this project I’d be interested in a tea-only option.
Sure, you can have samples of tea without the teaware. Just PM me when you are ready, thanks.

Nov 16th, '17, 07:02

by LAC » Nov 16th, '17, 07:02

ethan wrote:
LAC wrote:
ethan wrote:
Interesting; but .....
You prove to me what I fear which is that many people are just lost--wanting a photograph of tea highlights this for me. I could put up a couple of photographs of me sitting in the Dr. Chen teashop with venerable teamasters, but that also just shows me with a bunch seniior citizens of Chinese ethnicity for all anyone knows. The proof is in the tasting. Thanks for the reply. Good to know someone reads posts.
Por supuesto que todo esta
en la degustación; pero también
el sentido visual enfatiza tu idea
que nos intentas comunicar,
yo me puedo hacer una idea,
pero todo es muy subjetivo.

Un placer leer tus comentarios.

Nov 16th, '17, 19:12
Vendor Member

by ethan » Nov 16th, '17, 19:12

The glass gaiwan is the same as the fourth one of Google's five gaiwans that come up when one does a search for "glass gaiwan". Medium thick glass in round shape (letting leaves expand well). Sells for $16.90. In my figuring out price as percentage of package, it is $10 shipped.

For porcelain gaiwans, I have several standard, think-walled shapes, in small/medium, medium, and medium/large sizes which sell on Amazon, Ebay, etc, from $10 to $35. In my pricing as part of package any of them are $10 as part of package (shipped).

The package is for people without sufficient teaware to explore this hobby. Those with teaware can opt for samples without the teaware. Okay?

+ Post Reply