looking for a Japanese tea store within EU

Check out members who are in the business of TEA/teaware!

May 8th, '18, 06:14

looking for a Japanese tea store within EU

by sugataishi » May 8th, '18, 06:14

Hi,
I am still searching for a tea store within European Union which sells originaly packed Japanese teas.
My favorite one is nagomi.pl but I have went through all the teas available there.
hibiki-an.com is good for me, but it is in Japan, so Polish taxes for imported goods are killing me.

Please, recommend some.
Last edited by sugataishi on May 8th, '18, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.

May 8th, '18, 06:43

Re: looking for a Japanese tea store with EU

by Kale » May 8th, '18, 06:43

sugataishi wrote: Hi,
I am still searching for a tea store within European Union which sells originaly packed Japanese teas.
My favorite one is nagomi.pl but I have went through all the teas available there.
hibiki-an.com is good for me, but it is in Japan, so Polish taxes for imported goods are killing me.

Please, recommend some.
Do they tax any imported good? or just above a certain value?

May 8th, '18, 10:19

by sugataishi » May 8th, '18, 10:19

above same value, but it is so low that there so way to swallow shipping costs. Above 50 USD might be taxed.

May 8th, '18, 11:37

by Kale » May 8th, '18, 11:37

sugataishi wrote: above same value, but it is so low that there so way to swallow shipping costs. Above 50 USD might be taxed.
I think hibiki have free shipping over $36 so you can make a decent order without shipping and without paying tax :-)

May 8th, '18, 14:12

Re: looking for a Japanese tea store within EU

by villagezoo » May 8th, '18, 14:12

I am also looking. Some people have recommended two shops which also sell online from Berlin: Benjowski Tee and Bohea Teehandlung. I haven't ordered anything from them so I wonder if anyone on Teachat could comment on their teas.

I prefer to order directly from vendors in Japan but then I don't order big enough amounts to be stung by customs.

May 9th, '18, 04:50

by sugataishi » May 9th, '18, 04:50

Kale, you are right, I did it twice, and each time it has been send back to Japan, for no known reasons. I do not know if it was bad luck or what.

May 9th, '18, 12:43

by Kale » May 9th, '18, 12:43

sugataishi wrote: Kale, you are right, I did it twice, and each time it has been send back to Japan, for no known reasons. I do not know if it was bad luck or what.
Wow..how frustrating.. twice? I have never heard of anything like that..

May 9th, '18, 18:09

by villagezoo » May 9th, '18, 18:09

sugataishi wrote: Kale, you are right, I did it twice, and each time it has been send back to Japan, for no known reasons. I do not know if it was bad luck or what.
Which shipping option did you choose?

The Polish post is abysmal. Very often the postman doesn't put an awiso (slip of paper notifying you that they have your package at the post office) in your postbox, so your parcel can be waiting in the post office without you knowing, and then they send it back if you didn't come after 2 weeks. You should carefully track your package to check when it was put on the plane from Japan so you have an idea when it would arrive in Poland, and then if you're still waiting a week after that, call either the Poczta Polska hotline and ask them to check the status of your parcel, or go to your local post office and ask whether they have received your package yet. Unfortunately you need to take a very hands-on approach, and it helps to have someone who speaks Polish with you.

Also, make sure anything from outside the EU is sent as a package, not as a letter. You will get the parcel sooner, even if the letter was sent as priority and the parcel was not...

May 11th, '18, 15:04

by Balthazar » May 11th, '18, 15:04

sugataishi wrote: above same value, but it is so low that there so way to swallow shipping costs. Above 50 USD might be taxed.
Thes du japon has extremely cheap shipping. For my last order I paid something like $2.5 for shipping from Japan to Norway. The shipping is so cheap that I usually split up my orders and make 2-3 at the same time, to avoid having to pay taxes.

May 14th, '18, 08:24

by PAQF » May 14th, '18, 08:24

You can also try ‘The Matcha House Europe’. It is a subsidiary of a Japanese tea company established in Barcelona (Spain). I drink their Classic Matcha.

https://thematchahouse.com/

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

May 14th, '18, 12:15

by 12Tea » May 14th, '18, 12:15

I knew a few Japanese stores in the past in EU, but they all went offline. I guess good Japanese have quite high price points, and importing and reselling would make them even more expensive. For Matcha, perhaps try Mr & Mrs tea based in the Netherlands: https://www.mrmrstea.nl/en/

Jun 7th, '18, 00:34

by Clasdyathedy » Jun 7th, '18, 00:34

Hi i hv a achool project about japanese tea
May i ask something abt tea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Post Reply